HS Markit Environmental Registry and Auctions department provides products and services for the environmental projects and assets. The IHS Markit registry provides an essential tool for managing global carbon, water and biodiversity credits. It allows participants to track environmental projects and to issue, transact and retire serialized credits. The Registry provides infrastructure that increases transparency, efficiency and scalability within the global environmental markets. The IHS Markit Auctions platform provides comprehensive auction and auction management services across asset classes. The ESG Reporting platform is a one-stop online platform for the collection, storage and dissemination of corporate environmental, social and governance (ESG) data and reports.
The team is highly innovative, using new and exciting tools and methodologies to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Developers liaise with business analyst to elicit use cases and specifications, and turn these into working features in an environment that stresses best of breed solutions and innovation
This Java developer will be a part of the Environmental team based across 4 main locations NY, London, Bucharest and India. The developer is required to develop and support the services being developed. The role involves hands on development and support of the systems, working with distributed team. Good understanding of finance domain will be a plus. The role will require collaboration with key business and operations sponsors to ensure timely and quality delivery of software change What you'll work on:
What we look for:
- Work with the team to design, develop and maintain various pricing systems
- Responsible for timely and Quality delivery
- Support the Production, Simulation, QA and Development environments.
- Drive innovation and adaption of best practices
- Be able to maintain and support all areas of the application.
- Work with Business Analysts to develop product specifications
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- 4-6 years of technical experience and platform knowledge
- Strong proficiency in Java is a must
- Good to have: exposure with any of the following languages: Python, Scala, Ruby, C#, Go, C++, NodeJs
- Should have exposure to multiple frameworks. Following is an indicative list: Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Jersey, Swagger, Lucene, Hazelcast , Jaxb, RxJava
- Sound knowledge of RESTful principles. Understanding of Micro services is advantageous
- Emphasize testability though JUnits, Mocking Frameworks, TDD, BDD
- Exposure to Docker, GIT or SVN, Maven, Gradle or Jenkins
- Knowledge of the AWS Cloud system it's a plus
- Good to have: Knowledge of Provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet, Salt or Ansible Openshift
- Knowledge of any one RDBMS Systems: MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostGres
- Knowledge of any one NoSQL systems. Indicative list: MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Neo4J, Elastic Search, Aerospike, HBase
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodology (Scrum) and industry best practices
- Thorough understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational, written and verbal skills
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.