Java Developer/DevOps Engineer # 106793
We are currently looking for a highly skilled individual with software development and engineering skills to join the Odyssey engineering team as a Senior Software Developer to help us to develop and support the bank's strategic developer enablement & innovation programme.
As a Software Developer your main responsibilities will be to:
- Innovate strategic solutions within the DevOps space with a focus on Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Design and develop enterprise grade applications in established MVC frameworks like Grails, Spring Boot, etc.
- Customize and extend commercial and open source solutions by creating, for example, plugins for tools such as Atlassian, Jenkins, Gradle or Grails.
- Identify opportunities for the application of AI/Machine Learning within the platform
- Develop and maintain bank's strategic developer enablement platform with a view to improving scalability, reliability, performance and resilience
- Optimise and leverage cloud/elastic compute offerings
- Provide technical expertise for the community and liase with other engineering teams to collaborate on solutions
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for IT Community as well as internal and external vendors and solution providers
- Review the platform and ensure the firm's mandatory obligations are met
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
An ideal candidate would have:
- At least 4-5 years of experience in delivery of innovative software solutions
- Experience migrating enterprise grade solutions to cloud offerings
- Experience setting up large scale CI/CD pipelines
- Strong Application development background with a focus on Java, in an enterprise environment
- Expertise in software construction process, life-cycle and application development good practices
- Familiarity with software development tools such as: JIRA, Confluence, SVN, Artifactory and others
- Experience with continuous integration servers (TeamCity, Jenkins …)
- Experience with virtualization solutions (vRealize)
- Experience working with containers (Docker)
- Ability to partner with senior stakeholders both in the team and across teams
- Dedicated self-starter, ability to drive a team and its contribution
- Good English language skills is a must
- Apache/Tomcat skills
- Track record on Linux java application debugging and tuning
- Work experience in large multinational corporations
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
For more information visit Technology Careers.