Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Legal Entity Accounting and Review (LEAR) is a global team with 160 staff responsible for the core accounting for the major legal entities within the Credit Suisse Group. The LEAR Americas team based in Raleigh is a strong team responsible for the core income statement and balance sheet accounting, results analysis and results presentation for Credit Suisse's US Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) and its subsidiaries as well as Credit Suisse's New York Branch.
AVP level role is now available in the Raleigh LEAR team covering Alternative Investments.
A meaningful role as Legal Entity Controller supporting firm accounting processes of the Alternative Investments business with Credit Suisse Group's International Wealth Management (IWM) Division:
- Participate in core accounting processes including variance analysis and recording of revenue activities from IWM front office finance functions, preparation of financial statement disclosures and tracking and recording of investments and related commitments and guarantees.
- Responsible for compliance with GAAP, SEC and regulatory requirements
- Lead all aspects of and maintain an effective control environment in the core accounting area
- Responsible for ensuring effective implementation of new business, new policy, new regulations in core accounting area
- Maintain relationships with CS management in New York and Zurich and other CS departments (e.g. Operations, Product Control), and liaison as necessary with external business partners (auditors, regulators and the SEC)
- Qualified accountant with at least 2 years of experience!
- CPA or Masters in Accounting is preferred
- MUST have Experience with US GAAP, Implementation of Accounting Standards and SEC reporting requirements
- Experienced in Investment Banking industry and good knowledge of IB products and broker dealer, securitization accounting
- Effective interpersonal skills and an excellent teammate
- Positive and high-energy approach
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.