Junior Financial Analyst
Securitized Products Product Control performs a number of key responsibilities through daily and monthly reporting. We fulfill this role through:
- Ensuring the complete, accurate and timely reporting and analysis of the Revenue and Balance Sheet
- Working across business divisions to evaluate & integrate new products and strategies in a controlled manner, ensuring appropriate reporting, accounting and disclosures
- Providing reliable and relevant financial information to the business managers, external & internal partners including regulators
Specifically, this role will require working closely with the business, accounting policy and financial accounting. Understanding Fixed Income Products, Mortgage Backed Securities and Derivatives will be to your advantage. You will interpret large amounts of data that feed complex processes and confident in your ability to work efficiently and productively through tight reporting windows without compromising control.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include the monitoring and analysis of the desk's Derivative and Fixed Income Securities trading and hedging activities. Largely, the accurate and complete production of sub processes linked to the team's Regulatory Filings and Complex Disclosures which have a material impact to the Bank's Financial - Statements. These could typically include Disclosures for FAS 166, FAS 167, Fair Value Measurement, Fair Value Option and Level 3 Roll Forward Templates.
Performance of the role requires an understanding of the Securitization Business, monitoring of the business strategy and being able to articulate and report on significant events and drivers influencing revenue and balance sheet. The role will offer exposure to senior members of the Firm and to a growing business which contributes significantly to overall profitability. Other responsibilities may include:
- Conducting various analyses across the business with respect to Turnover, Inventory Aging, Pricing, Providing opinion on accounting and revenue reporting for new deals, and reviewing securitization activity
- Representing the Team on projects and system improvements.
- Ensuring the compliance with SOX controls and Accounting Standards, i.e. Failed Sales
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g., Front Office, Tax, Regulatory and Accounting Policy)
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- Product Controllers should be highly attentive to risk, know the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work.
- Possess highly developed interpersonal and problem solving skills, build positive relationships with key clients to understand and address their issues.
- 3 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience
- Detailed understanding of US GAAP Accounting disclosures
- Exposure to mortgage related products such as ABS, RMBS, CMBS is a plus!
- Outstanding PC skills including Excel, PeopleSoft Financials, and Essbase as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data
- Phenomenal teammate, dedicated, hardworking, who can be dynamic and see ideas through from start to finish
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.