Legal Entity Controller - AVP # 102282
An opportunity to work within Group Finance as a Legal Entity Controller (LEC)
Group Finance is within the CFO division of Credit Suisse. We have experienced staff in all major international locations to support and collaborate with our partners. Our vision is to be recognized as a premier financial accounting organization in the financial services industry, renowned for the value and high quality of our information, advice, services and people.
Legal entity reporting is the process by which the Bank's financial results are reported externally to shareholders and the wider market in the form of Group and Entity specific financials statements. The Legal entity reporting process is\overseen by Legal Entity Controllers (LEC) in Group Finance that ensure compliance with US GAAP, IFRS, as well as Swiss GAAP where appropriate.
Legal Entity Controllers are responsible for delivering independent financial control and playing an influential role in the Bank's overall governance process while meeting regulatory and financial reporting requirements stipulated by the Bank and external bodies accurately and on time.
- Act as the Legal Entity Controller (LEC) for various complex entities within the Bank.
- Key participant in the Month-end close process, including posting journal entries, performing analysis and composing commentary.
- Carry end-to-end responsibility for the financial and regulatory reporting within these entities.
- Have an understanding of the risks and controls in the entities, including those maintained by other departments.
- Commit to the preparation of detailed monthly analytics and commentary and present it to senior management.
- Investment Banking is a dynamic business area and it is expected that the LEC will participate in new business initiatives impacting their entities.
- Responsible for reviewing external financial statements and related disclosures for various entities in the Americas prepared by the Legal Entity Standard Reporting team.
- Prepare, and maintain a firm understanding of the income statement and balance, sheet, off balance sheet, and disclosures statements, and the key underlying factors that give to the financial statements.
- Interact frequently with senior managers in the Front Office and other finance areas such as Operations and Product Control.
- Be organized and have an ability to effectively collaborate with both internal and external auditors as required.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- 5yr+ work experience in related industry (experience in public accounting or banking industry preferred).
- CPA or Equivalent Preferred.
- Deep understanding of USGAAP.
- MBA or MSc an asset.
- Solid oral/written communication and presentation skills required.
- Consultative, harmonious, and has the ability to influence without authority and gain consensus.
- Driven; a quick study with internal drive - a self-starter that requires minimal direction.
- A great teammate who is hard working; someone who accepts challenge.
- Works well independently and can successfully develop and maintain cross functional relationships.
- Conclusive and focused - understands what needs to be done and moves quickly to that end; communicates with tact.
- Strategic; gets the bigger picture - can communicate a vision and deliver on it.
- Gives sense of immediate trust and credibility - uncompromising integrity.
- Crisp, professional, and articulate.
- Inventive, organized and creative.
- Possesses high ethics and values with the ability to establish and maintain
- working acquaintances.
- Solid Analytical skills.
- Guide in MS Excel.