Low Latency Electronic Trading Network Operations Engineer
The Credit Suisse Low Latency team is responsible for designing, building and supporting a bespoke environment that meets the needs of highly critical and time sensitive Equities and Fixed Income markets. The markets operate across a 24x7 environment and are located in multiple Colocation Sites globally supporting over 1800+ servers and 500+ Network Devices. As a Low Latency Network Administrator, you will provide key skills and experience for operational support and automation of Low Latency/HFT/Bespoke platforms as well as a number of other strategic architecture simplification initiatives globally.
You will be part of a team responsible for a globally distributed platform from many diverse cultural backgrounds. You will be expected to work directly with application support and client connectivity teams across business lines such as eFX, Market Data, Cash Equities, Derivatives and Algorithmic Trading and globally to provide solutions to their complex infrastructure requirements as well as support the electronic trading infrastructure and applications. This role will be a noon-shift role, i.e., 11:00 AM ET to 8:00 PM ET. Key responsibilities:
- Support the Global Low Latency Network Infrastructure composing of 500+ Network Devices that run 24x7 in datacenters co-located with major exchanges and ECN, and in Electronic Trading Network (ETN) environments in CS datacenters.
- Managing global onboarding of external clients - Receive connection requests from Business units, select and present various solutions to the client, implement network changes to provide client connectivity.
- Troubleshooting/Fixing various network issues and connectivity problems within network including fault diagnosis and root cause analysis of network devices
- Implementation changes in routing policies, maintenance of network devices such as device or code upgrades
- Setup and troubleshooting of connectivity for Market Data and Order Execution Services and other exchange connections
- Operate/configure various network monitoring tools, application latency monitoring and reporting services
- Ensure comprehensive operational control and reporting, providing actionable information to optimize the performance of the trading infrastructure. Create/Update procedures and documentation
- Weekend work will be required on a rotation basis (on Sunday, once a month)
- Perform deep packet capture analysis and investigation of abnormal end to end latency
- Taking part in redesigning network architecture, removing legacy solutions, working with newest low latency equipment on the market
- Provide proactive management and maintenance for network infrastructure in order to provide maximum performance and availability.
- A strong focus on business outcomes and DevOps processes
- At least 7 years of network admin experience, with a mixture of design, operations and deployment
- Strong understanding of network protocols, including routing protocols - BGP/OSPF etc.
- Strong understanding of multicast routing and switching
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills
- Experience with vendor and client onboarding
- Experience with troubleshooting network-related problems
- Experience in low latency network operations and deployment
- Ability to coordinate and track all aspects of client onboarding and connectivity/migrations
- Experience working with exchanges, co-location providers and low latency connectivity providers