Messaging Engineer # 101049
The messaging Solutions team at CS is responsible for application messaging and middleware technologies, providing standard solutions for different technical requirements for all regions and departments of CS. The role will include all aspects of engineering, repeatable high quality builds for both commodity messaging platforms and those tailored for low latency uses. It requires close interaction with the other infrastructure teams within CS, vendors (to establish future directions), the development community, central architecture and the Messaging Operations team to which the engineering team provide L3 support.
The role requires close collaboration with the development community providing guidance to business applications regarding their messaging requirements, at both a design and implementation level.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Skills and qualifications:
- You have extensive knowledge in deploying, administering and supporting IBM WebsphereMQ on distributed platforms.
- You have additionally similar experience with any of the following messaging products, Solace Systems Message Routers, Tibco EMS, Informatica Ultra Messaging or AMQP, is desirable.
- The group is also responsible for engineering and supporting ESB products within the bank, and so experience with one of the popular implementations (for example IBM MessageBroker/Integration Bus or Redhat FUSE) is also highly desirable.
- You have deep understanding of the technical solutions and paradigms used in the messaging domain.
- Do you have working knowledge of at least one of the OS used within CS (Linux, Solaris and Windows)?
- Do you have working knowledge of Network infrastructure and Network protocols (TCP/IP, multicast etc)?
- You have competence in software development or scripting with common languages (Java, C/C++, .Net, Python, Perl etc) is highly desirable.
- Do you have the ability to communicate vision and ideas effectively to peers?
- Ability to cooperatively work within a large, global enterprise to deliver a specific business desire while improving the corporate environment as a whole.
- You have intellectual capacity to break down a problem or situation into its component parts, identifying alternative solutions to solve, clearly articulating the pros and cons of each, and making clear recommendations for the best alternative.
- Computer Science education.
For more information visit Technology Careers