OC&R Line Risk Manager
CISO and Group COO Controls delivers high quality, professional services for Credit Suisse and its clients in a transparent, cost efficient and controlled manner in line with the firm's strategy, ensuring an excellent execution of millions of transactions daily.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
This 'Operational Line Risk Manager' role is within the Operations Control & Risk (OC&R) team. OC&R advises supports and challenges Group Operations senior management who are responsible for the financial, reputational and regulatory risks of Group Operations. Our people provide risk and control expertise by collaborating closely with Group Operations Line managers. We also interact with regulators, auditors and with other CS groups in carrying out our responsibilities. Our vision is to drive the control culture within Group Operations, while helping our partners consistently align with all external regulatory and internal policy demands.
This high-profile role, working with partners at the DIR & MD level, seeks to evaluate & propose improvements to the control environment and provide challenge on various risk genres. Core responsibilities within the role include:
- Prepare monthly Control Review Meeting materials with Group Operations senior management. This includes compiling the control pack, facilitating the meeting, working in partnership with the Global functional & regional line management team to provide independent risk challenge and ensure that all key risks & regulatory requirements are well understood and relevant issues are raised.
- Risk assesses and understands current process, new business and deployment proposals to evaluate impact to various Operational functions. Ability to influence structure of projects to suit Group Operations strategy and ensure areas of control weakness is avoided.
- Review existing risk metrics and targets to make sure risk is being appropriately measured and look to define or develop new metrics/targets as necessary.
- Build and cultivate relationships with senior members of line management responsible for underlying process & supervisory controls and ensure valued activities are performed to understand & improve their control environment. Communicate and monitor identified risk issues and suggest/track appropriate corrective action.
- Partner with line management to support Audit/Regulatory Examinations, internal RCSA (Risk Control Self-Assessment) and associated follow up actions.
- Work with line management to identify and ensure operational incidents/losses are reported timely in the Firm's incident/loss monitoring system and risk assess each event to ensure appropriate remediation action is taken. Perform regular thematic read across to ensure risk is mitigated across other processes.
- Complete prioritized "Operations Risk Assessments" reviews as required. This includes but not limited to reviewing events/processes where there is inherent risk to identify potential control weaknesses and perform root cause analysis where required to ensure future mitigation of risks.
- Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Operations &/or Audit, Change, Risk Management in either Private, Commercial or Investment Banking
- Advanced communication & technical (e.g. PowerPoint, word, excel) skills to articulate complex risk proposals in a structured, targeted and impactful manner
- Strong risk & control attitude with a drive to build outstanding professional relationships & partnerships with key collaborators at all levels within the firm
- Critical thinking with ability to perform deep-dive reviews, understand and document complex processes, procedures and controls, at a big picture or detailed level, as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to partner with our clients, and act in their best interest, with transparency and accountability
- Hardworking, ambitious with willingness to learn.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.