Operational Risk Manager
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Working with key partners in Asia, Europe and in the Americas, the CRM Operational Risk and Control Analyst will be involved in:
- Understanding and explaining the main types of risks handled with the Credit Risk Management function.
- Understanding how controls are crafted and tested in order to reduce key risks.
- Delivering a division-wide compliant control framework that ensures that processes, risk controls and risk hand-offs are accurately communicated and executed,
- Supporting the Functional Risk and Control Officer (FRCO) and the broader Credit Risk Management Governance team in embedding the bank's operational risk management framework within the Credit Risk Management function (CRM).
- Designing and conducting Internal Control Assessments, tracking audit points and ensuring that they are accurately remediated.
- Performing and documenting SOX tests.
- Reviewing operational risk incidents and analyzing how they should inform the design of internal controls with CRM.
- Supporting the annual Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process.
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- A relevant undergraduate degree or related equivalent experience.
- Strong appreciation and interest in controls principles.
- Strong communication skills and confident interacting with senior business partners.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work across remote teams in an international context.
- Strong attention to detail!
- Proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and interest in growing your MS Excel skills is essential.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.