- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 21 Jan 19
Platform Manager – Credit Risk Review # 119668
Credit Risk Review Overview:
This position is within the COO team of the Credit Risk Review ("CRR") function. CRR provides timely and independent assessments of Credit Suisse's loan and derivatives credit exposures and credit risk management processes and practices. CRR has a direct reporting line to the Group Board of Directors Risk Committee.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a new initiative to develop and implement an end to end integrated platform for the CRR "Sponsor" business area. Specifically, the deliverable is a global work paper system that integrates strategic credit risk data systems with improved MI reporting (including early warning indicators) and workflow/annual planning capabilities.
You will serve as the dedicated face-off and representative of the "Sponsor" to "Supplier" functions including Risk Change, Risk & Finance IT, Risk Innovation, and Risk and Finance Data Analytics & Reporting to deliver CRR's blueprint. The position requires an understanding of credit risk and experience delivering MI Reporting/IT change within a large financial services organization.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- You will formulate a cohesive platform strategy to support CRR, which will include governing the project to ensure delivery is in line with the business requirements and target architecture.
- You will lead a recurring Working Group and collaborate closely across global functional lines - including CRR subject matter experts and Risk Change - to understand business requirements; assign relative levels of priority and complexity; develop consensus on solutions and next steps; and dedicatedly manage expectations.
- You will develop clear, written business requirements (in partnership with a Risk Change Business Analyst), which can be implemented into actionable deliverables.
- You will regularly communicate with the CRR Global COO and senior partners on status/progress of the build-out.
- You will serve as primary contact for the CRR Platform as issues arise during the strategic delivery phase (approx. 2 year timeline) and on a business-as-usual (BAU) basis.
- Close collaboration with global partners during peak phases of the project may require occasional flex/shift in work hours to early morning or late evening hours.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have 5-10 years of experience delivering multi-year change within a large financial services organization industry as a Change Program Manager or Business Analyst, Platform Manager, or MI Reporting Lead.
- You have specific knowledge of credit risk via hands on work experience is highly desired.
- You have advanced Excel skill (including VBA macros) with ability to handle and analyze large amounts of data; Intermediate PowerPoint and Access skills. SQL experience is a plus.
- You have polished interpersonal skills; strong meeting facilitation skills; and excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written) are required - this role involves frequent, direct exposure to senior management.
- You have Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of study.