Public Cloud Security Engineer
Credit Suisse is embarking on a journey of broad-scale public-cloud adoption, looking to deliver greater flexibility & agility to our application development teams whilst improving the efficiency of the broader I.T Organization. 'Cloud-Native' and 'Security First' are themes central to our approach, resulting in the Solution Architecture team within Technology Security Services (TSS) playing a leading role in defining and implementing fundamental capabilities that will underpin all deployments. Hence, the cloud-technologies SME we are looking to hire into this high-profile, high-visibility role will be responsible for leading the design & implementation of security solutions that will become the strategic capabilities across the CS I.T landscape for the next 5-10+ years.
The TSS Solution Architecture team is a small group of individuals across multiple locations that operate in non-hierarchical and flexible manner. They have many years of enterprise security expertise, into which we want to embed deep knowledge of public cloud technologies through the hire of a number of key resources. In all hires, we are looking for proven expertise in quantifying, designing and implementing solutions for organizations adopting public cloud platforms that are similar to CS in terms of size and complexity. The size and structure of the team requires all members to be self-starting, delivery-oriented and comfortable in terms of providing influence & direction across a matrixed organization. Accountability is a primary metric of how we judge the effectiveness of all team members.
Key activities & responsibilities of the individual in this role are likely to include:
- Implementing and supporting security capabilities aligned to an end-state public cloud security architecture
- Working with external vendors and platform providers to integrate solutions into a consistent technical framework, leveraging automation and considering end-end process effectiveness
- Helping establish and implement the 'Cloud Center of Excellence' concept supporting the build-out of this new public cloud security team and its integration within the wider CCOE construct
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to drive higher levels of automation across engineering and operations of public cloud security capabilities
- Help drive the adoption of automation in general through alignment & collaboration with their peers in other infrastructure technology teams
- Reporting & presenting technical updates to TSS management, PMO team
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- You have 5+ years of security experience, with a focus on design & implementation of enterprise-wide solutions
- You have 3+ years of designing & implementing solutions supporting adoption of public cloud platforms where automation & integration were key aspects/responsibilities
- You have deep technical knowledge of a major public cloud platform (Azure pref.)
- You have experience of cloud implementation based on 'Infrastructure as Code' demonstrating CI/CD/CT based approaches (plus inferred hands-on experience of tools and platforms such an approach requires)
- Demonstrated success in managing solution designs into successful implementations
- Self-starting approach, analytical thinking
- You have willingness to help grow and develop the Solution Architecture team, helping establish them as part of a broader performing a 'Cloud CoE' function
For more information visit Technology Careers .