Regional Application Support
Regional Support position in a technology application support team. Responsible for:
- Provide application support to internal users (front, middle and back office functions as well as other IT groups) and external clients.
- You demonstrate the ability to analyze and understand complex problems, make sound technical decisions/recommendations, and communicate solutions in a dedicated manner.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to articulate concepts effectively to business users and technologists at all levels. You are able to manage customers and their expectations in a calm and professional way in a high pressure situation.
- You will be able to demonstrate a keen interest in the business line and its processes, in order to best provide a good service to internal users and external clients.
- You will be able to combine attention to detail whilst understanding the wider business and technology context.
- Should be a self-starter, motivated, with aptitude and willingness to learn.
The Principal Responsibilities of this position are:
- Work as a member of the US Support group within PSP.
- Work in conjunction with the support team members to deliver high quality customer service oriented support and maintain a stable & efficient production environment.
- Provide in-depth 1st/2nd line application support for production issues from initial client contact through to resolution, including root cause identification and implementing preventative action. Influence the global team by example and encouragement.
- Analyze moderate to advanced inquiries and lead problem resolution.
- Handle production incidents, resolve independently or ensure appropriate ownership within support and development teams (including accurate logging/detail gathered for reporting purposes). Ensure clients and management are kept up to date.
- Actively identify areas where support queries can be reduced, and identify, document and potentially implement (small scale) solutions and encourage the global team to do this.
- Ensure that down-time in the trading environments is minimized, whilst dedicatedly monitoring application status against service levels, addressing any issues or leading amendment discussions/negotiations.
- Take a leadership role in Problem management and route cause analysis. Aim to permanently fix repeat problems rather than patch them.
- Communicate clearly and concisely and raise issues on a timely basis. Keep management informed of progress and issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other technology teams including other global PSP teams/ business lines, application development teams and infrastructure (e.g. DBA, server teams, web services, etc).
- Develop and maintain relationships with users, including front office and other internal groups.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of systems and hardware is in place in order to minimize future incidents.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
Good degree in a numerate discipline (for example, Computer Science, Electronics, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics)
- ITIL certification.
- You have deep understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
- Relevant experience in application support in a Front Office/Trading environment.
- You have experience in a client driven technology role working as part of a global team.
- Deep knowledge of financial markets.
- Deep understanding of enterprise systems.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
- You demonstrated ability to support demanding users with proven ability to handle pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to operate in a global team environment.
- Proven ability to assimilate and apply information rapidly and effectively.
- Willingness to learn both the technology and business.
- You are a self starter with proven experience of ability to multi-task, being able to prioritize and follow through on tasks.
- Uses initiative and creativity in solving issues.
- Willingness to work on a shift basis/flexible hours.