Senior .NET Developer
Why IHS Markit:
Imagine a job where you...
- Work directly with senior managers on a regular basis
- Have a meaningful impact on the mission-critical products and services that clients rely on every single day
- Collaborate with colleagues across business lines and regions
At IHS Markit, this is true for EVERY MEMBER of our global organization! Our technology solutions and analytical insights are relied upon by every major investment bank and thousands of corporations around the world. What's in it for you:
This position provides a seasoned software developer with an opportunity to have an impact in shaping the Municipals Bookrunning platform as we pivot towards Agile methodologies and the latest technologies. As a senior software engineer on the Municipal team, you will foster a strong sense of team camaraderie and leverage your collaborative nature as you work closely with internal business partners to enhance our flagship product.
Technically as a senior .Net Engineer, you will apply existing and emerging technologies to build mission critical solutions. You will be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining market leading Municipal Bookrunning platform using Microsoft's .NET Framework. Your strong proficiency with ASP.NET, C#, and SQL programming will be used extensively in this role. In addition to the design and development work, you will be required to take on initiatives and collaborate extensively with stakeholders and within the development team to achieve positive outcomes. You will be working with highly-skilled, forward-thinking software professionals who share a common vision of quality, integrity, and efficiency. Each individual understands the value of their work and the impact it has to the success of their team, the company, and the customers it serves. You will be working in a fast paced environment, inspiring excitement. What you'll work on:
What we look for:
- Design, develop, and implement heavily transactional and multi-tiered Web applications
- All aspects of database development (modeling, stored procedures, performance turning etc.)
- Provide level 2 & 3 support for your application, working closely with product and account management teams
- Assist the Product Management group in specifying requirements into technical requirements
- Collaborate with product owners to further value proposition of our applications
The following experience would be advantageous:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/related field
- 4+ Years in building large scale web-based systems in a Microsoft Environment (ASP.Net, C#, & SQL Server or related)
- Solid experience with ASP.NET and full-scale web application development
- Ability to effectively communication both verbal and written
- Ability to work in team oriented environment, and also have the ability to work independently
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment is preferred
- Data access through ADO.NET
- WCF, Windows Services
- Integration services experience, especially with MQ Series or Web Services
- Knowledge of UML or similar design languages/methodologies
- Experience working with off-shore resources
- Financial domain knowledge
- SOA / jQuery / HTML5
- RESTful API development
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.