Senior Pricing Analyst
- Competative Salary + Generous Benefits USD
- Raleigh, NC, USA Raleigh NC US
- Permanent, Full time
- Arch Capital
- 06 Sep 18 2018-09-06
Arch Capital Group is seeking a Senior Pricing Analyst to play a key role in the building of a new securitization platform. Position will be responsible for analysis of structured cash flows, creating pricing models/engines to rapidly facilitate complex management decision making. Must be skilled at utilizing portfolio risk variables such as loss given default, prepayment speeds, and probabilities of default, to lay a solid foundation for structured transaction and reinsurance deal pricing. Responsibilities will include development of bid recommendations for advisory services’ clients, and surveillance of existing insurance/reinsurance transactions.
• Evaluates product and deal structure information using internal models and create pricing and performance estimates for new and existing insurance products/deals.
• Assists in the creation and/or modification of internal Structured Pricing engines/models. Fully understands the underlying portfolio metrics as well as the technical nature (strengths/weakness) of the risk models that produce them. Ensures pricing assumptions are consistent with the applicable product and credit policies.
• Fully understands how risk variables affect pricing results and provides guidance on Risk/return equation, relative value, economic capital, and impact of structural changes among other to product developer(s).
• Understands different capital regimes – regulatory capital, economic. Creates pricing and returns under different but appropriate capital regimes for proposed and existing insurance/ reinsurance transactions. Helps refine economic capital calculations and methodology.
• Assists in creating product, and deal pricing proposals for senior management and other internal groups.
• Reviews legal language of products and structures offered to ensure financial models properly reflect contractual rights and obligations.
• Assists in developing pricing recommendations for GSE Credit Risk Transfer transactions for third party clients.
• Keeps pricing models up to date through constant updates and desire to keep them lean and clean.
• Stays abreast of the latest changes in Mortgage Insurance industry, GSE CRT transactions, and Insurance Linked Notes (ILN) space.
• Provide and implement ideas for increasing efficiency in pricing, operational, and risk processes.
Required Experience and qualifications:
• Strong knowledge of quantitative methods and product pricing methodologies in the financial services or mortgage industry.
• Strong understanding of financial analysis techniques and metrics
• Good knowledge of different types of reinsurance transactions – Excess of Loss (XOL), Quota-Share, and GSE risk share transactions.
• Demonstrated ability to structure cash flows based on underlying contract
• Excellent ability to manipulate data with SAS (1-2 years’ experience) and model within Excel
• Demonstrated ability to make sound business recommendations based on evaluation of various, identifiable factors
• Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving ability
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively within and across departments
• Required knowledge & skills would typically be acquired through a Bachelor’s degree plus 7+ years of related experience. Alternatively, a Masters’ degree in a related field or CFA with 3+ years would be sufficient.
• Mortgage or Financial Services industry experience required.
This position is located in Raleigh, North Carolina and reports directly to the VP, Structured Pricing.