Senior Software Engineer- .Net
The Loan Platforms business comprises of experienced product, development and test professionals located in North America, the United Kingdom, and India. Debtdomain is a web-based system for managing the loan syndication process from pitch to agency. The solution covers deal setup, pipeline reporting, sole and joint bookrunning, and secure document distribution. Debtdomain also offers an investor CRM tool powered by a database of over 250,000 contacts, and integrated with bookrunning and deal sites. Debtdomain is used by over 150 leading loan market arrangers and agents.
IHS Markit is looking for an experienced technologist to become a member of the Debtdomain development team. This person will work closely with existing team members in this dynamic and challenging industry to develop and maintain innovative solutions, with an emphasis on testability, and leveraging existing components to accomplish timely delivery of software products according to the business schedule. Being chiefly responsible for ongoing server-side and client-side software development, this individual will interface with various business units in the planning of major functionality, analysing business functional requirements to determine the scope of work, and evaluating available application alternatives to support business needs. This position is for a highly motivated and solutions-oriented individual who will be a member of a strong ASP.NET development team focused on leading edge technologies that can support the Debtdomain application. Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- Full project life-cycle experience working with ASP.NET C#, MVC/Web API, SQL Server, RESTful services, and Data access frameworks like Entity Framework, ADO.NET, etc.
- Visual Studio 2015 / 2017
- Proficient with Object Oriented Analysis, design concepts and design patterns.
- Ability to review, debug and diagnose existing application codebase across all application tiers.
- Familiarity with Agile development process is a plus.
- Experience working in a test-driven environment with a solid understanding of both the creation of and the execution of functional and non-functional unit tests.
- Strong analytical, investigative, and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to producing quality work in a timely manner.
- Must be confident, articulate and fast learner
- Willing to progress in an exciting, fast paced environment
- Self-starter with a natural curiosity to learn and develop capabilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Review the technical documentation provided by others and provide constructive criticism
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work under own initiative
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.