- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 15 Nov 18
Sr. Java Developer # 121245
Executive summary of the job's core purpose.
- Be a part of Global Markets Technology division
- You will have the opportunity to work with best-in-class technology focused people working on mission-critical application development
- You will be an individual contributor role to help in the delivery of strategic applications
- You will design and implement highly scalable, adaptable and efficient software solutions while taking into account prevailing constraints and the future strategic direction of Credit Suisse IT
- You will be part of the global team that is responsible for the platform
- You will have a great opportunity to learn about the Inventory management, Risk management, and stock lending systems
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
List of qualifications, skills and experience expected in you.
- JAVA/JEE (Development on Java 8 is a must)
- Spring Framework (Core, Boot, Integration is a requirement)
- Oracle Coherence Cache (must)
- Strong in Java Concurrency, IO and Collections
- REST/SOAP Web Services
- Do you have strong work experience with Sybase, Oracle?
- Strong in Unix and any one scripting language
- JMS messaging using any one platform MQ/EMS/Solace
- JUnits testcases, Devops toolchain
- Experience in working with Scrum/Agile teams, attending stand-ups and estimating complexity for stories and tasks assigned
- Participating and driving the testing process including developing and executing unit tests, supporting QA team with the development of integration and regression tests, witnessing tests. Emphasis on code quality through test driven development
- Strong Enterprise-level Java Application Architecture, Design and Development experience
- You have sense of ownership and hands on approach to problem solving
- You will act as an expert on the workstream in various capacities, strategy meetings, and product development opportunities
- You should be able to maintain quality of code, come up with ideas to improve existing processes
- Do you have the ability to work effectively under pressure, challenging deadlines?
- You should be able to work independently and within team
- IT Degree desirable
- Ability to work in virtual teams and matrixed organizations
- You have the ability to profile the code and certify system stability throughout enhancement/maintenance periods
- Sybase Database
- Spark (good to have)
- Messaging using JMS over MQ/EMS/Solace
- Splunk and Geneos
- Proficient with SQL databases and knowledge of standard methodologies
- Experience with the Linux OS & shell scripting
- Experience of supporting applications
- Deep knowledge of Scrum
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience of working with people spread across locations/time-zones
- Experience with Cloud-based/Grid computing architectures, development, and deployment
For more information visit Technology Careers .