- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 22 Apr 18
Tax Withholding and Information Reporting AVP-VP # 109429
- Knowledge of FATCA (the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) and CRS (the Common Reporting Standard.
- Familiarity with IRS reporting on Forms 1099 and 1042-S.
- Experience working with the US non-resident alien (NRA) withholding tax rules (Section 1441), as well as the FATCA withholding and backup withholding rules.
- Familiarity with historical IRS Form W-8 series of US tax forms and experience validating such forms. Familiarity with the IRS Form W-9.
- Position is responsible for daily review of internal reconciliation and exception reports.
- Candidate will be responding to questions and issues raised by both internal and external clients.
- Position will help to monitor changes to firm's Expanded Affiliated Group for FATCA registration purposes. This includes reviewing and approving the set-up of new internal entities as well as modifications to existing entities.
- Position wills serve proactively to instruct business units, operational functions, and technology on how to implement technical tax requirements (e.g., due diligence rules, remediation of client tax documentation, withholding, reporting, etc.).
- College graduate with 2-5 years' experience in the financial services industry. Tax Withholding & Information Reporting or Tax Operations experience nice to have but not required.
- Above- average Excel skills required as most of our tax reporting uploads are Excel based.
- Candidate should possess excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Data analytics expertise preferred. A large portion of the role is based on reviewing data for inconsistencies and inaccuracies.
- Familiarity with accounting (debits and credits) and reconciliations also preferred.