- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 20 May 18
U.S. Head of Operational Risk Modeling and Scenario Analysis # 105492
The successful candidate will lead the Operational Risk Capital team which is part of the Operational Risk Management department and will lead the development and enhancement of the Credit Suisse U.S. Operational Risk capital and loss projection models. This will include but not be limited to the continuous refinement of our CCAR operational risk loss approach, leveraging statistical techniques and evolution of the scenario analysis program.
Furthermore, the successful candidate will:
· Lead a team of operational risk modelers as well as scenario analysis SMEs to provide best-in-class expertise and risk management capabilities.
· Be the group's liaison and point of contact for operational risk modelling in the U.S., leading the communication to senior management and to the various governance groups as well as to the regulatory bodies.
· Define presentations and present reporting to senior leadership and governance committees.
· Execute the Operational Risk scenarios analysis process in the U.S.
· Spearhead the ongoing development of the global stress testing and economic capital capabilities in relation to Operational Risk, along with incorporating these into the regulatory frameworks, e.g., CCAR.
· Drive quality assurance (i.e., testing, documentation, etc.) on all quantitative elements of the operational risk model to ensure appropriate internal/external approvals.
· Define execution standards, including timely implementation of audit and regulatory points as applicable.
· Deliver positive outcomes of the review and challenge processes; ensure quality control and proper documentation, and adherence of controls.
· Oversee the development and maintenance of procedures, processes and reporting.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
· 10 years of related work experience in a financial institution with solid understanding and practical experience of model development and scenario analysis.
· Strong experience with statistical modelling and familiarity with econometric modelling techniques.
· Experience in Basel II/RWA, CCAR, and Economic Capital requirements.
· Experience in an operational risk management role is strongly preferred.
· MSc or PhD in a quantitative discipline is preferable with a preference for statistics and applied probability.
· Proven managerial skills, including setting objectives, motivating employees, and prioritizing tasks, while adapting in the delivery of competing priorities.
· Ability to work well within a matrix organization, including utilization of skills and resources that do not directly report into the role.
· Knowledge of U.S. regulations with respect to operational risk, including stress testing and capital adequacy as well as familiarity with risk management concepts such as risk identification, measurement techniques, data aggregation and reporting processes.
Personal skills requirements:
· Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent mathematical and computing skills.
· Ability to communicate complex concepts to varied target audiences in a logical and precise manner.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to provide clear and comprehensive responses, while "making the complex simple".
· Sensitivity and ability to balance business needs and requirements.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure and within tight timelines.
· A self-directed team player with a proven track record of delivery.