Whole Loan Ops/Warehouse Analyst
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Whole Loan Operations (WLO) provides support for CS's Residential and Commercial Whole Loan businesses. The current opportunity will report to an Assistant Vice President of Operations and will provide support for the Residential Whole Loan Finance business.
The Residential Loan Finance Business provides liquidity for originators of residential whole loans. The business model centers on the identification of clients with funding needs who possess quality asset origination programs. Lending facilities are negotiated by the business function unit which is in turn are coordinated by the WLO team. The business continues to experience tremendous growth and change which has presented this team with a challenging fast paced environment.
The responsibilities of the Whole Loan Analyst include:
- Review of facility terms to determine collateral and borrowing restrictions necessary for operational procedures.
- Process funding and paydown requests which typically consist of boarding and analysis of data files from clients and liaising with the clients and the business unit in order to resolve discrepancies.
- Correspond and process information from third party Custodians to ensure that Credit Suisse's interest in the underlying loans is perfected.
- Settle or arrange for the settlement of, fund transfers related to fundings, paydowns, interest payments, fee payments, and related collateral activity.
- Produce interest and fee invoicing for client positions.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of client margin calls.
- Perform periodic servicing updates on the client positions.
- Perform audit and Sarbanes Oxley tests as required.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of Daily Activity Reporting which provides P/L information to the business unit and senior management.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of client account reconciliations.
- Update procedures when necessary.
- Other tasks as needed. The candidate will cross train within the team to provide support to other related fields as necessary.
- Undergraduate degree required, business concentration highly preferred!
- Equivalent work experience of at least 2 years in the financial services industry preferred!
- Outstanding knowledge of whole loans preferred but not required.
- Experience with the ProMerit Loan Funding system will be a plus.
- A preference for a fast-paced environment within a global investment bank, with frequent interaction with clients, traders and other functional areas within and outside the firm.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Are you a quick problem solver and able to work under time sensitive environment?
- Proficient with Excel skills and comfortable using Excel spreadsheets
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.