- Omaha, NE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Asst. Dir-Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Omaha, NE, USAThis role is responsible for planning, designing and utilizing programming languages to write new code and update existing code for software development of products. Additionally, the role will interact with users and development teams to define systems requirements, and test, troubleshoot and debug software programs.
- Plan, design, and utilize programming languages and related technologies to write new code or modify existing code for software enhancements and/or development of new products and features.
- Test, troubleshoot and/or debug software programs during product development and/or post implementation.
- May develop software tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of software.
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Work with the development team leads (Software Architects) on the technical and architectural direction of projects.
- Work with cross functional, globally dispersed development teams to support development efforts to meet business requirements
- Provide support for requests from management within and outside of the department regarding existing and future applications.
ERS Credit Assessment and Orig
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) in information systems, computer science, computer engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Knowledge of the system development life cycle, and system and application program development.
- Experience working in IT financial sector is a plus.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, and IT management and staff.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.