- Omaha, NE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Director - Software Engineering
Location: Omaha, NE, USADirector - Software Engineering focuses on the direct line management of a team of Engineers (Software Engineers and QA Engineers) that can include managers:
- Ensure that your team members work collaboratively with all functional areas.
- Collaborate with other Engineering Management to continuously improve engineering practices for the broader team.
- Design professional development/training programs that can be leveraged across the broader team.
- Work closely with HR on talent acquisition and talent management for your team and the broader engineering team as needed; provide feedback on job descriptions, perform interviews and contractor discussions / assessments, oversee on-boarding plans and grow them as needed, develop succession plans, etc.
- Provide input for expense budgets covering training, travel and team building.
- Guide your subordinates to plan their careers, set both long and short term.
- Communicate the vision from senior management and set and communicate business objectives for your team that align with this vision.
- Accurately assess the performances of your direct reports, have periodic one on ones, perform timely PE's, coach and provide guidance based on performances and potential.
- Nominate candidates for promotion with reasonable justifications.
- Understand what motivates each of your team members; manage morale and turnover.
- Think strategically and align your team with the overall vision of the business.
ERS Credit Assessment and Orig (304096)
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related majors from top institutions, Masters as a plus.
- 10+ years of professional software design, development and quality assurance experience on multi-tiered SaaS based enterprise applications.
- Leadership Qualifications:
- Proven ability to manage a large, and/or distributed team that includes other managers.
- Can motivate team members to succeed in a fast-paced team environment; is a calming influence to the team in the face of strong pressures to meet deadlines.
- Has significant experience setting objectives; Is able to communicate the vision of the business and translate the vision into objectives for the team.
- Has significant experience evaluating the performance of individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other functional areas at all levels of the organization.
- Is able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Consistently displays excellent presentation skills.
- Technical Qualifications:
- Deep understanding / experience in Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Deep understandings of Object Oriented designing and programming.
- Is motivated to learn latest technologies and transfer knowledge to others
- Experience in Programming Languages / Databases:
- Preferred: AngularJS 1.x; Angular 2.0+, TypeScript, PostgreSQL
- Experience in Web Application Automation Testing and Tools:
- Required: Selenium, Gherkin, BDD, SpecFlow, API Testing (REST, SOAP, Etc…)
- Preferred: Cucumber Framework, JSON, Jenkins
- Experience in Development Tools / Platforms / Application Servers: Visual Studio, Microsoft Windows, IIS, Perforce, Rally, Git / BitBucket, Jira
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.