- Omaha, NE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Mar 18
Director - User Experience
Location: Omaha, NE, USAThe Director, User Experience, is a highly skilled practitioner responsible for the design and delivery of exceptional end user experiences. This individual employs a user-centered design methodology by representing customer needs throughout the full product development cycle. The Director, User Experience leads user experience team members in the collaboration with product strategists and stakeholders to understand business goals and translate those goals into compelling interactive experiences.
The Director, User Experience works in a multidisciplinary environment on user experience design activities throughout the full software development lifecycle often leading numerous design initiatives concurrently.
This individual leads the design of the overall look and feel of interactive user interfaces across multiple products and platforms.
- Simplify and unify complex information into intuitive interactions, flows, charts, graphs, and other forms of visual representation
- Create prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers
- Create a pattern library, to maintain consistency in behaviors across multiple products
- Perform user-centered design tasks such as use cases, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, and final user interface documentation
- Create detailed specifications of interactions and visual designs to communicate with developers
- Manage relationships with the key stakeholders and influence user-centered design practices
- Manage projects and deliverables
This role is within the Moody's Analytics Enterprise RIsk Solutions Team.
- 7- 10 years of experience as a User Experience Designer of web and mobile products
- Expert level knowledge and skill in all phases of the user-centered design methodology
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Extensive experience with user-centered design patterns and methodologies
- Strong ability to communicate abstract concepts to audiences that are not skilled in a UX discipline
- Comfort with ambiguity, complexity and passion for challenges
- Detail-oriented self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong expertise with design tools such as Adobe CS, Axure, HTML, CSS
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree in HCI preferred
- Experience in financial environment preferred
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.