HR Business Partner
Job Description The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions.
The HR Business Partner is responsible is responsible for providing HR advice and counsel to business managers, for translating business requirements into HR services, programs and initiatives, and for delivering HR services to the business.
- HR Advisor: Builds strong relationships and provides trusted advice to assigned managers on the full range of HR programs, such as: talent management, including performance management, succession planning and talent development; HR policies and processes; employee relations, employee reward and recognition; employee survey findings, etc. Builds knowledge of business strategies of client groups.
- Talent Management : At the direction of the Regional HR Business Partner, supports implementation of established framework for assessing and developing organizational talent. Provides support for assigned managers in executing talent assessment and performance management processes.
- Manager Development : Partners with Regional HR Business Partner and Talent & Organization Development (T&OD) team on initiatives to improve manager skills and knowledge.
- Rewards and Recognition : Ensures jobs of assigned client groups are appropriately documented and works with compensation to review benchmark data. Reviews compensation recommendations.
- Workforce Analytics: Monitors key workforce metrics â€" e.g., turnover, exit interview, BES results â€" to identify â€early warningâ€ signals. Reviews workforce analytics and provides insights to HRBPs and Line of Business management.
- Project Delivery : Participates in HR cross-functional and technical projects as appropriate.
- HR Processes : Implements standardized HR processes with client groups. Works effectively with HR Centers of Expertise and regional HR Connect. Knowledgeable of local employment regulations and local laws.
- HR Tools and Technology: Competent in using existing HR technology and tools, and MS Office software suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Risk Management â€" Works with Line of Business management, Legal, Compliance and the Employee Relations (ER) to ensure employment law-related risks are managed appropriately. Maintains a positive, productive and cohesive work environment by dealing with workplace conduct, conflict resolution, counselling, employee engagement, and other employee relations activities.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree. Advanced degree and/or certification in HR specialties is a plus.
- Proven experience in a HR Generalist or Business Partner role, with client facing responsibilities. 6+ years of experience is required.
- Good knowledge of US employment legislation.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to incorporate metrics and analysis into HR delivery.
- Outstanding verbal and communication skills, with poise and confidence to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to manage high volumes of work, execute flawlessly, and understand HR processes.
- Motivated self-starter, confident, and able to navigate through change.
- Strong team player, commercial, and client-centric
- Strong personal credibility with the ability to build trusted relationships with senior managers in order to influence
Moodyâ€™s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moodyâ€™s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moodyâ€™s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.