Fund Accounting & Administration, AVP
This managerial position is within the Private Equity Fund Administration Services Business
Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group. The Assistant Vice President - Private Equity Fund Accounting interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential. The Private Equity Fund Services group is a growing, dynamic business unit within the Alternative Investment division. Candidates must demonstrate strong technical investment accounting knowledge, initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously direct multiple tasks. The position is responsible for maintaining direct client relationships and the day-to-day accounting and administration for several client sponsored investment funds.
• Supervise all subordinate staff (including Associate 1, Associate 2, Officer, Senior Assoc. and/or Senior Staff).
• Manage internal workflow and client deadlines.
• Manage client relationships with both client personnel and fund investors.
• Review quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations.
• Review and/or preparation of capital calls and distributions, including notices and release merged documents.
• Review periodic bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries.
• Review quarterly management fee calculations.
• Review and/or preparation of various client related correspondence.
• During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
• Work with database team regarding client deliverables such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices.
• Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with external accounting firms.
• Review and/or prepare waterfall and capital account allocations.
• Understand how to navigate through limited partnership agreement.
• Approve all transactions (money movement, trades, etc.) in accordance with established guidelines
• Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers, and banking personnel.
• Meet all requirements for performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
• Participate in special client or internal projects as required.
• Candidates must have an a college degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 7 years of accounting experience, including 3 to 4 years of supervisory experience.
• Specific experience in the private equity industry is a plus.
• CPA is a plus, but not required.
• Experience with Investran or other partnership accounting applications is a plus.