Transfer Agency, Officer
Who we are looking for
Under the supervision of the Manager, the Transfer Agency, Officer is the focal point for the day-to-day activities of the Investor Services Reporting team. In this role you will ensure that the workload is distributed evenly amongst all team members and that all requests are dealt with efficiently, accurately and professionally. The Transfer Agency, Officer is an integral part of ensuring that a high quality service is delivered to the client and internal departments. Achieving high quality service is a team effort and the Officer needs to function at all times as a team player and ensure other team members do so too.
You will work independently and will also work on improving established guidelines and practices by consulting with the Manager where clarification or exception may be required. The Transfer Agency, Officer plays a supporting role to the Managers and drives operational excellence by implementing and embedding a continuous improvement culture. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Transfer Agency, Officer, you will
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and direction in a group environment.
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-reliance and self-motivation and should be able to take own initiatives to solve problem or propose win-win strategies as applicable.
- Able to work independently and perform assigned tasks accurately, take initiatives, make recommendation on dedicated topics in order to maintain or enhance services.
- Demonstrate logical, analytical, critical and process thinking to identify, analyse and evaluate complex problems / issues. Maintains open communication channels.
- Initiate problem recovery, correction strategies, procedural and process enhancements; takes concrete steps to prevent and to reduce error reoccurrences in the future. Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues; ensure that procedural/ system changes are updated into the team procedures.
- Display good organizational skills in order to meet SLA deadlines and keeps well documented records. Ensures that checklists, job aids and working procedures are up to date and followed.
- Acting as a mentor to junior staff and provide coaching to the Senior Associates of the team.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Maintains open communication channels with clients, peers and the Management.
- Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues.
- Function at all times as a team player to build a positive atmosphere of co-operation within the department and where all team members are engaged.
- Self-motivated, organized and flexible to new ideas
- Strong issue resolution skills with a focus on risk controls and add value to the end client experience.
About State Street
- Bachelor degree is required, preferably in financial industry
- At least five years relevant working experience in Transfer Agency or Financial Services involving staff supervision and operation management.
- Experience of working within a high pressure environment with experience of meeting multiple deadlines.
- An analytical and logical working methodology
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office: Excel, Word) are required.
- Strong communication skills - adapting style to audience and including senior levels both internally and externally.
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers