CLO Trust Customer Service Officer / Associate
- Hoboken, NJ, USA Hoboken NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
Will handle CLO Trust operational functions a as primary responsibility. This would include DTCC communication/reconciliation, transfer of ownership, P&I payments, daily cash management, report reconciliation, handling inquiries from issuers, bondholders and related parties. Will support manager in preparation for the closing of new issues. Will monitor and uphold all obligations on the Bank as CLO Trustee.
JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represents the Trust Department and the Bank in all trust related activities including the following CLO trustee and transfer agent activities.
- Reads and interpret CLO deal indentures and documents.
- Sets up and maintain any new CLO deals on all necessary bank systems.
- Performs and maintains any note holder transfers of ownership.
- Monitors and balances daily loan positions with collateral manager.
- Prepares and reconciles quarterly P&I payments to holders including 3rd party reporting.
- Process, maintains and balances all CLO cash accounts daily.
- Tracks and completes any inquires as requested.
- Monitors all default triggers as Trustee per the indenture.
- Provides consulting service to the New York Branch as deemed necessary in an on-going basis.
- Supports administration of all Trust Department accounts.
- Maintains adequate records, including entries, settlement sheets and follow-up systems.
- Maintains adequate documentation to ensure all assets are properly safeguarded.
- Performs all functions as are assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics or accounting, or equivalent work experience
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in structured finance industry, with a basic understanding of syndicated bank loans, fixed income securities or securitization trust preferred.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet established deadlines in a dynamic working environment with minimal supervision.
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.