Information Security Engineer / Architect
- Hoboken, NJ, USA Hoboken NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Apr 18 2018-04-13
The Information Security Analyst / Engineer is responsible for engineering, implementation, configuration and monitoring of security for the bank’s network, applications and systems. The design and implementation of proper protection for all of the bank’s digital assets is paramount to protecting the proprietary and confidential information used in everyday processes. The Information Security Analyst will design information security architecture and continuously monitor and update the systems and controls as required. Monitor all systems for violations of bank security policy and take necessary remedial actions to stop and prevent further violations.
JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Configure Manage, Monitor Security tools and System for the Bank.
- Assists in defining, creating and implementing banks Information Security Policy/Standards, Guidelines
- Work under ISO’s supervision to define and implement Information Security Program and Security Monitoring Strategy.
- Defines, helps to engineer and install, configures and administers Information Security technologies intended to protect the bank’s digital assets from internal and external threats.
- Monitors all Information Security related systems intended to provide incident reporting or predictive analysis of the bank’s systems.
- Responds to Information Security incidents.
- Responsibility for Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Vulnerability Management, Incident Management and response, Penetration test under ISO’s supervision and strategy.
- Manage IAM system, access re-certification and provisioning as per business line guidance.
- Monitor IPS/IDS on a daily basis for suspicious behavior and escalate appropriately.
- Works with internal and external auditors.
- Review and approval of the system/network configuration changes, system patches and updates according to the Banks procedures.
- Review compliance with the information security policy and standards.
- Provides periodic reporting on information security issues and gaps
- Interfaces with external contacts and third parties
- Performs all functions as assigned by ISO
- Provide high quality work by ensuring accuracy and seeking to continuously improve Information Security processes by embracing new and better ways of doing things.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Strong IP, network, Microsoft Windows, Linux, UNIX, Middleware experience and knowledge.
- Ability to investigate and respond to Information Security Incidents, Threats and Vulnerabilities.
- Three to Seven years’ experience in Information Security and Engineering of Security tools
- Strong understanding, configuration and monitoring knowledge of SIEM tool
- Use of Core Impact, Nessus, Qualys,Rapid7 similar tools
- Knowledge of IDS/IPS and Firewall infrastructure
- Applications experience in International Banking, Multi-currency accounting, Global Securities Processing.
- CISSP, CISA,CISM,CEH type of certifications are plus