Director – IT Portfolio Management | Analytics & Insights Lead
Director - IT Portfolio Management | Analytics & Insights
As a senior leader in IT Organization Management, you'll take a macro view of technology and innovation across the firm to develop solutions that have an everyday impact on customers, clients and businesses around the globe. As a leader of organizational, operational and technological change, you'll build partnerships with business groups across the firm. You'll also manage a high-performing team of IT managers from multiple job families who share your passion for technology and innovation. When you join JPMorgan Chase & Co., you gain access the best minds in the business-both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
The Global Technology Portfolio Management Office is responsible for oversight and governance of the most critical investments (the "portfolio") within J.P. Morgan Global Technology which includes defining Firmwide Standards and Best Practices, monitoring adoption, adherence to control standards and improving predictability of program delivery of the portfolio through proactive identification and timely reporting of thematic risks, issues and delivery roadblocks.
As an experienced professional, you'll be responsible for designing and running the Reporting, Analytics and Insights function driving corrective action and mitigation plans with the correct owners and escalate as required. Working at the intersection of business and technology, you'll interact with colleagues in various lines of businesses to learn about challenges and opportunities, and translate that insight into high-quality solutions.
While your role requires a deep understanding of Program & Portfolio Management, it also hinges on teamwork and leadership. You'll offer clear guidance and feedback to your colleagues, while promoting the values, culture and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co. The role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities:
- Leads the design, mobilization and running of the Reporting, Analytics and Insight function
- Ensures that consistent and accurate data forms the basis of insightful reporting and MI, enabling management to make informed decisions
- Oversees Analytics and Insights services, data quality enhancement, governance forum reporting (portfolio level) and ad-hoc reporting.
- Create a governance calendar to coordinate the timely collection of portfolio data
- Engages with the Tools team to provide requirements and ensure that current tools are fit for purpose (e.g. the Dashboard)
- Define and run the control standards and roles/ responsibilities to maintain ongoing portfolio risk and issue management processes
- dentify thematic threats to delivery of components of the GT Significant Program Portfolio
- Use information about our current estate to drive decisions on future state
- Creation of fit for purpose aggregate reporting which drives transparency and decision making within key governance forums, which takes data from an agreed single source
- Overall coordination of a single reporting calendar and timings for all portfolio reporting (when do extracts get taken)
- Provide appropriate reporting on portfolio status into Global Technology to meet their information and portfolio needs - which includes the consolidation of achievements that tie back to the GT Vision strategic objectives
- Provide input to the following executive reports: Weekly Flash Reporting, Monthly Program Delivery for EMR/MBR, Monthly Strategic Initiatives (aka Jamie deck), Monthly Audit Committee, Monthly OCC Program Delivery Reporting, Quarterly OCC Digital Reporting, Quarterly R&
- BA/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience within complex programs in global financial institutions
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
- Exceptional experience and proven track record in stakeholder management, partnership (enabling a 'one team' culture and positive working environment) and complex program governance across multiple locations.
- Proven strategic capabilities and demonstrable critical thinking across business/technology vision, solutions, strategy, roadmaps and portfolio delivery.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Creates a client-centric environment for team and contributors
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to quickly broker solutions and resolve conflict situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels, including ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership
- Strong grounding and proven ability in senior Stakeholder management and reporting, to provide transparency in program status and ensure issues, risks and change are escalated effectively for resolution
- High-level proficiency in MS-Office products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio)
- High Level proficiency in Project Mgmt. and Agile Products and artefacts (Jira, Clarity, Burndown charts, Velocity, Sprints etc.)
GTI (Global Technology Infrastructure)
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
Tech @ JPMC
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to mee