Director - Sr Software Release Management Lead
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 12 Dec 18
Director - Sr Software Release Management Lead
We are currently seeking an individual to serve as the Release Management Lead for a team of federated Release Managers in our Asset Servicing Technology organization. This role is responsible for providing oversight for deployment of planned changes for BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing line of Business and the governance of our release automation development practices.
- Collaborates with Business and Technology partners to ensure appropriate stakeholders are engaged in upcoming releases
- Create short-term and long-term roadmaps in alignment with the stakeholders
- Reviews upcoming releases and provide necessary project information and timelines to teams to identify impact and level of engagement
- Ensure that release processes and procedures are applied to all activities while providing overall quality control over assessment, analysis, planning and design of releases
- Develops, implements and communicates release patterns for Applications
- Validate release packages meet requirements for deployment
- Identify improvements (people, process, tools) aimed at increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of support activities
Sr.Group Manager, Software Configuration/Release Management->> Manages multiple SCM teams. Specifies, designs and implements a revised end to end software configuration management process. Leads managerial teams with regard to SCM activities. Defines approach and process for monitoring SCM activities across all applications. Directs activities to ensure compliance with approved project methodologies. Reviews and approves SCM resource estimates and assigns appropriate resources based on progress reports and project needs. Interacts with varied levels of management and development groups in support of the SCM effort. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages multiple SCM teams. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is preferred 12+ years of experience in a systems SCM environment, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Demonstration of Release planning and implementation
- Ability to develop relationships and influence decisions of senior leadership both within and/or outside the company
- Ability to understand abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business
- Ability to lead and control a functional area in a federated model
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish relationships with co-workers and all levels of management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Experience in working with distributed teams across the world
- Experience in deployment orchestration
- Experience in automated controls
- Experience in implementing CI and CD preferred
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Batch Scripting or an equivalent preferred
- A working understanding of code and scripting languages like Ruby or Python preferred
- Financial industry and product knowledge preferred
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45319
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1813344