File Software Defined Storage Product Manager
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
The File Storage Product Manager in our Software Defined Storage (SDS) Organization will play a key role in GTI delivering its mission statement as it will be responsible for delivering next generation storage products in a software defined model. As the firm has a major focus on the software defined architecture, new product offerings have recently been released to deliver software defined storage as part of an integrated infrastructure stack that has become the standard offering for our internal clients. This will deliver consumable storage products in an automated fashion using API's running on a next generation software defined architecture. As these products are a key component of our strategic offerings, we are looking for persons to become members of our growing product management team. In this role, you will manage a first class storage business working with clients and product teams to develop new product offerings in addition to feature enhancements of the existing ones.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Create, manage and prioritize the key feature backlogs for the file storage products.
- Feature delivery in an agile framework.
- Gather and document requirements from GTI customers and other key organizations within the firm
- Map detailed technical requirements to key firm strategic business goals for both short term and longer term roadmaps.
- Create, publish and present roadmaps of varying detail to a variety of audiences within the firm, including senior management.
- Manage key projects on a continual basis to ensure the priorities are current.
- Own communication of product and service plans to all the cross functional teams.
- Manage financial aspects of the product: business cases, P&L management, budgeting, and asset management.
- Consultations with clients regarding advisement of requirements and use cases against our product offerings.
- Assist clients on how to integrate best practices regarding our block storage products into their solutions.
- Review and approval of file storage infrastructure and application designs.
- Creating and maintaining product marketing materials such as customer portals and product presentations.
- Act as a deputy for the SDS product manager.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at both business and deep technical levels.
- High degree of organization skills including the use of Confluence and JIRA for managing product documentation.
- Prior work/background in product management in a technology company dealing with priorities and customers.
- Willingness to engage with customers on a regular basis.
- Experience with agile and scrum product management methodologies.
- Ability to present to large and diverse customer base including senior leadership.
- Experience with financial management - procurement, business case development, P&L management, budgeting, and asset management.
- BS in technical degree from accredited university (Science or Engineering preferred).
- Experience with new and emerging technologies such as cloud and virtualization.
- Experience with file software defined storage products such as Elastafile, Qumulo, Nasuni, Amazon EFS, Azure Cloud File, and Google Filestore.
- Experience with file software defined storage protocols such as NFS, CiFS, and SMB.
- Experience with open systems platforms such as Red Had Linux, MS Windows, and VMware/ESX.
- Experience with large scale software development in Python and RESTful API Design.
- Experience with business tools such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Significant experience in both Systems Engineering and Software development is a plus.
- Experience with system and software security and entitlements such as SSO, windows, Kerberos, LDAP, Windows AD are a plus.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cyber security, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Apply today, and put your passion for technology to work at JPMorgan Chase & Co.