Middleware Administrator, AVP
Job Description Job Title
Middleware Administrator, AVP About the Team
The Server and Network Administration Unit is responsible for administration of all IT equipment except Gbase related and provides the second level of support for user system troubles related to servers, networks, telecommunications and desktop computers. General Duties
Responsible for managing and maintaining all of Mizuho's Bank, Ltd Middleware Applications (i.e. IBM Websphere MQ,). Provide subject matter expertise around specific middleware and web technologies related to Mizuho Bank. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
: 1) General
- Perform middleware software installation and configuration based on industry best practices.
- Responsible for Supporting, performance tuning and maintenance of middleware software for Mizuho Enterprise Infrastructure.
- Responsible to participate in design sessions and collaborate with our development and Infrastructure planning teams in the design of middleware software.
- Responsible for resolving middleware infrastructure related issues.
- Responsible for performing complex systems design and analysis around middleware implementation.
- Responsible for supporting middleware on multiple platforms (Windows, Unix and Linux).
- Responsible for writing documentation to support middleware infrastructure.
- Responsible participating in middleware projects.
- Resolving issues in an efficient, effective and professional manner.
- Responsible for implementing all middleware security according to Mizuho's Security Policies in accordance with industry best practices.
- Responsible for maintaining good communication contacts with vendors, Head Office's systems support teams and local teams as needed; including interfacing with end users and next level management to provide technical consulting.
- Support the bank in any BCP Contingency events either onsite or remote support, Example could be bad weather (snow, rain) or could be transit strike just as an example.
- Responsible for achieving the Unit's business plans and short/long term objectives, reporting/resolving system troubles, including implementing countermeasures and initiating proactive steps to prevent system failures and break downs.
- Responsible for the maintenance of professional documents, schematics and diagrams of the infrastructures related to middleware infrastructure. Also, data integrity of system repository database in the division.
- Reporting all system troubles to management in a timely manor as they occur. Fill out summary sheet describing the problem and emailing it to management.
- 7+ years IT Experience in financial institution.
- Proficiency in middleware concepts, design and operations. (Websphere, IBM MQ, etc)
- Very strong in working with middleware scripts and management tools.
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems. (Windows, Unix, Linux, etc)
- BS degree in Information Technology or equivalent industry experience with required certifications.
- Strong Communications skills required
#li-mizuho Company Overview
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.