Mutual Fund & ETF Product Manager
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- E Trade Financial
- 20 May 19
Mutual Fund & ETF Product Manager
Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role SUMMARY
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a background in financial services to join the Investing Team. Successful candidate will possess strong knowledge of the mutual fund and ETF space, and experience working with mutual fund and ETF companies. Strong written and verbal communications and executive presence are key skills for this role. Other desired skills include influencing others, negotiation skills and problem-solving. Desired candidate is someone who thrives in a team-oriented, results-oriented, and customer-focused environment, welcomes challenge. We are looking for a teammate that can learn fast, is creative and works well with multiple parties under tight deadlines.
The individual will be responsible for managing the fund relationship and expanding our partnership with fund companies with the purpose of growing this business and helping E*TRADE attain a stronger position in the investing space. We are seeking an individual that can build strong relationships with internal and external partners to take our mutual fund and ETF offering to the next level.
- Our team is responsible for making thousands of mutual funds and ETFs on E*TRADE's platform to our clients. The products we manage are a key component of E*TRADE's product spectrum.
- We have recently established the Fund Partnership Program to tap into fund company resources in an organized, strategic manner. The goal is to create a group of funds with established capabilities that we can leverage. The program strives to build a symbiotic relationship, where both the fund's assets and our MF, ETF and managed businesses grow and both sides benefit. The successful candidate will own this program.
- The chosen candidate will be the face of E*TRADE, representing the firm externally to fund companies. Candidate will manage all aspects of a fund relationship from establishing contact with a new firm, determining how we can maximize joint value for both firms, partnering together to organize investor or advisor-focused events, deepening the relationship over time through multiple channels, managing the financial aspects of the relationship, representing the firm at industry events and more.
Key responsibilities for this job are:
- Define the strategy for the firm's Fund Partnership Program and lead the execution of this strategy
- Act as the primary contact for our fund partners, establishing and managing the relationships. Be the face of E*TRADE to fund companies
- Identify new potential partners and connect with them. Vet the fund companies, define how we can extract strategic value out of the relationship, negotiate contracts, onboard new partners, and own the relationship
- Work closely and maintain strong ties with internal teams, such as Sales, Investment Strategy, Marketing, Investor Education, Investor Relations, and other product partners. Jointly develop strategy on how these groups could leverage fund company resources to meet their goals
- Lead the fund partner related initiatives with internal teams, maintain project and event calendars, track and report metrics, and focus on the quality and results
- Spreadhead the implementation of a CRM system that would help the firm manage fund relationship information, such as contacts, interactions, and data
- E*TRADE leverages content from fund companies to support various marketing, education, or sales opportunities. Be the gatekeeper for third party content, identifying high value pieces that could be a good fit with our strategy and goals
- Resolve business escalations that arise from internal and external partners related to the fund relationship
- At least 4 years of experience within financial services either in product management, fund relationship management, investment strategy, sales or other similar roles
- Excellent working knowledge of mutual funds, ETFs, and other investment products
- Hands-on team player that will work seamlessly with not just fund companies, but also with our key internal partners across the organization. Strong executive presence to represent E*TRADE
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to articulate complex issues to cross functional partners
- Strong project management and analytical skills; ability to manage several initiatives simultaneously
- An understanding of the business model for retail brokerage. Should be able to articulate the business model and the key metrics of a broker dealer
- Ability to work autonomously and solve problems with a "can do" mindset, delivering high quality results
- Ability to build and sustain strong trusted partnerships with fund partners and colleagues in other business teams
- Detail orientation, organization, follow through, and desire to learn more about our business and products
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications, such as PowerPoint and Excel
Education, Certification, Training
- BA/BS in engineering, business, finance, management, marketing or related field
- Project management experience required
- Series 7 and industry certifications (CFA, CFP) are a plus
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.