Principal User Experience Analyst-UX Designer-VP
Want to work on the team that was fintech before there was "fintech" - and which continues to win top global awards for innovation, quality, and service? Pershing Technology is the global leader trusted by other global leaders to ideate, innovate, and implement next-generation solutions for trade execution, clearing, custody, and a broad array of the critical technology services upon which enterprises from all segments of the financial markets rely. Our platforms rest on world-class infrastructure that supports portals and systems through which we deliver state-of-the-art applications that empower our clients to build their businesses and better serve their investors. By the numbers, we perform at a level and a scale which few firms can equal: every business day, ~USD 14 billion flows through our systems as part of an average of ~8,500,000 transactions and ~1,200,000 trades. We maintain the systems that handle this massive volume with 99.98% average monthly uptime; needless to say, risk management, resiliency, and security are our watchwords. We have developed a high-performance culture in which responsiveness and agility are tied to our commitment to serving our clients' best interests. Our flexible, open-architecture, fully-integrated suite of solutions are consumed by clients who want us to manage their technology portals, those who want to integrate our products and services with their own, and those who want to develop their own technologies and control them, end-to-end. From advanced artificial intelligence to virtual reality, from robotic process automation to blockchain, we're building the digital experiences through which the global financial industry will be transformed, and new titans arise
Principal User Experience Analyst->> Acts as principal UX subject matter expert to perform and provide guidance and technical expertise for all, especially the most complex, user experience activities including user research and testing, interactive design, and visual design. Provides comprehensive consultation to management and staff related to user research, usability testing, surveys, interviews, work studies, and heuristic evaluations. Reviews documentation of research findings presented to product and development teams. Defines and reviews new and modified user personas. As subject matter expert, actively participates and provides guidance in the creation of concepts, information architecture, user interface designs, wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and specifications to meet project schedules. Leads the implementation of visual styles that support platform branding to increase user effectiveness. Consults on and interprets user feedback and insights to improve the user experience. Serves as reviewer of usability activities and artifacts to ensure software applications meet customer expectations for use. Provides UX expertise to the product definition and evaluation process utilizing multiple sources of information (field work, interviews, internet, intranet, market data/literature). Acts as principal consult and leads the creation and updating of user interface and visual design guidelines and standards. Advocates the user experience across the firm and facilities training for groups outside the UX team. Ensures that the developed/revised product achieves the user's specified goals by establishing user-centered analysis, design, best practices, and standards. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Responsibilities:
- Leads a small team of digital User Experience Designers.
- Partners with project stakeholders, product managers and business analysts to define business and user requirements and translate them into successful UX design solutions.
- Leads and/or conducts user research in the early stages of projects.
- Plans and/or conducts usability testing sessions for new product features.
- Sets the design direction in new initiatives and projects.
- Oversees a team in the creation of storyboards, information architecture, user interface designs and interactive prototypes.
- Collaborates with visual designers to help produce visually appealing user interfaces.
- Functions as a user advocate throughout the design process.
- Leads the creation of user experience guidelines and standards.
- Partners with our user research team to create user journey maps for current and future experiences.
- Experience in leading the design of complex platforms, especially in the financial services industry. Prior experience with designing Wealth Management platforms is a definite plus.
- Hands-on experience with designing interactive prototypes using tools such as Sketch and Invision.
- Hands-on experience with User-Center Design Thinking methodologies.
- Passion for doing what's best for the end-user through UI design and attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate product concepts through design
- Prior experience with creating UX standards and UI libraries.
- Understanding of web and mobile technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor's degree in psychology, user experience, design, human computer interaction or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a pls. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Pershing Domestic-HR06431 Requisition Number: