Senior Associate, Technology Audit
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Senior Associate, Technology Audit
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Model Audit Rule / Sarbanes-Oxley (MAR/SOX) ITGC and Technology audit staff position is responsible for assisting the primary coordinator in representing Information Technology and Risk Management in completing required MAR/SOX assessment efforts and Technology audit work. This individual will work with the coordinator as a liaison between Technology and internal control functions to ensure requests for SOX and other audit evidence received is adequate and provided in a timely manner. The position requires strong interpersonal, organizational, and controls assessment skills to ensure Technology maintains compliance with the MAR/SOX program and internal/external audit requirements.
Job Function and Key Responsibilities:
- Review IT general controls (access administration/recertification, change management, information security, operations and production monitoring) evidence for in-scope applications
- Review MAR/SOX and internal/external audit evidence requests to determine appropriateness and assist with evidence gathering
- Function in a Quality Assurance (QA) capacity to minimize the amount of follow-up requests between FCU, internal/external audit and Technology control owners
- Work with the primary coordinator between the Financial Controls Unit (FCU), internal/external audit and Technology process/control owners to facilitate audit and MAR/SOX reviews and coordinate testing efforts
- Participate in FCU and internal/external audit walkthroughs of Technology and business processes to understand process flow and control design
- Assist with the recording and management of the issues / control deficiencies in the organization's GRC tool, when deployed
- Escalate any key deficiencies and areas of concern to the MAR-SOX and/or Technology audit coordinator within Risk and Technology
- Ensure organizational standards, governance and practices for NYL's IT general controls are in compliance with the NAIC Model Audit Rule
- Assist with any related self-assessment and testing requirements on behalf of Technology
- Partner with the first line and other second line of defense functions to improve the control environment and remediate deficiencies
- Bachelor's Degree with credits in Accounting, Finance, MIS or Computer Science with 5+ years of experience in fields such as Operational / IT audit, project management, business and financial system analysis, business process reviews, testing, and accounting
- Strong knowledge of IT general, application, infrastructure and data integrity controls is a must
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with various levels of management, internal customers and auditors
- Prior MAR/SOX testing, insurance industry, or public accounting experience preferred
- Professional certification preferred (CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, CPA, and/or CIA)
- Technical experience with the following is highly preferred: information security, identity management, mainframe environments, databases, application development, and/or vendor management
- Team oriented with the ability to work in a fast- paced environment and shift priorities as necessary, with the ability to manage time and work independently to complete tasks
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.