Senior Information Systems Auditor
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
The Senior Information Systems Auditor provides visibility to the firm's systems and applications, infrastructure and project management methodology. In addition, this position requires regular interaction with personnel from various IT disciplines as well as offers exposure to management within IT and the business.
Global Brokerage Firm.
- Performing walkthroughs and testing of IT internal controls within the Company's business units to ensure compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act
- Assisting with risk assessments, planning and scoping of IT-related audits and reviews around Cybersecurity, Data Privacy, System Pre/Post implementations and IT Governance functions
- Analyzing the design and operating effectiveness of information technology controls around back office business systems and on-line enabled digital products and the underlying system architecture with regard to security, availability and performance and their impact on the business
- Designing and executing audit programs and preparing detailed work papers to document the results of operational and SOX reviews
- Assisting with the communication of IT-related audit & SOX results, issues and recommendations via written reports and oral presentations
- Developing relationships with IT first line support and information security personnel to champion process re-engineering by challenging the status quo of current processes and suggesting improvements or alternatives, to ensure system architecture and application features meet business, technology and regulatory requirements
- Assisting on special projects as assigned e.g., program reviews, cyber forensics, investigations, data analysis, etc.
- Communicate with and educate process owners on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of Internal Audit.
- Conceive and lead ad hoc analyses of financial and IT data to assist other areas of the business
- Develop repeatable methods for continuous monitoring and to ensure a consistent result and help develop an internal knowledge base
- 3-5 years of experience, successful candidate likely to have Big 4, large regional firm or Financial Institution experience. Experience with MIS auditing is a plus.
- CISA or CISSP expected although successful candidate will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
- Working knowledge of application controls and application development lifecycles and methodologies such as waterfall or Agile.
- Experience working with various technology delivery channels including desktop, web and mobile, and infrastructure software including operating systems and databases.
- Willingness to research and learn the fundamentals of new technologies, platforms and tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build strong partnerships with key technology stakeholders and across the IT and business audit teams through a proactive, open, communicative approach.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Bonus Potential
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Match