Senior Operations Analyst
Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role E*TRADE is looking for Senior Operations Associates to support their Brokerage Operations team. The Senior Associate will be responsible for working with our executives and teams to streamline processes, strengthen controls, and enhance the E*TRADE client experience. The Senior Associate may be exposed to the following areas: Account Services, Asset Transfer Services, Payment Services, Order Management, Settlements, Corporate Actions, Cost Basis and Tax Reporting, Retirement Services, Margin Operations, Fraud Prevention, Risk Management and Control, Reconciliations, and Regulatory Reporting Oversight. We are looking for analytical individuals who have the ability to re-engineer and automate business processes.
Senior Associates will be placed into an area of Operations with greatest opportunity for impact. They will quickly learn the full spectrum of functions and processes performed in their area. After establishing a base level of credibility and authority, Senior Associates will help shape and manage a series of projects to improve efficiency, grow the business, reduce risk / strengthen controls, or improve resilience. The Senior Associate is expected to deliver changes to strengthen their area within 18-24 months. Once this is accomplished, they will move to a new area to broaden their knowledge and repeat their impact. Qualities we seek:
- Leadership Potential: People with the charisma, confidence, professional attitude, and presence to inspire others to want to follow them
- Driven: Passionate about their career. Willing to go the extra mile to accomplish their goals. Extremely reliable.
- High Aptitude: Highly intelligent. Able to quickly grasp new ideas or learn new areas of the business. Highly adaptive and equally effective in multiple functions or roles in the organization. Analogous to a strong athlete that excels in any sport or position.
- Communication: Able to write and speak clearly in simple layman's language; but with authority
- Team Orientation: Confident but humble. Thrives in a team based collegial environment. Someone others seek to include on their project. A relationship builder. Passes the "someone I would be happy to be stuck in an airport with" test
- Analytical Mindset: An engineering mindset that can tackle problems by applying logic and systems thinking. Able to quickly grasp and visualize complex systems and express complex problems into simple terms
- Intellectually Curious: Motivated to understand how the brokerage business works. Eager to learn new technology and pursue new ideas to improve Operations. An innovator that is uncomfortable with the status quo.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in an area relevant to this position
• A minimum of 4 years Operations experience in brokerage or financial service company
• Analytical, quantitative mindset with a keen attention to detail
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Dynamic self-starter, able to work independently or as part of a team
• Comfortable working in an environment with high expectations Preferred
• Advanced degree (MBA, or MS in analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems, etc)
• Familiarity with statistical data analysis, visualization tools, and SQL
• Experience working with Product and Development teams to execute change
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.