Software Engineer- Big Data
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 May 19
Software Engineer- Big Data
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Groupwe look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solvingbusiness problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will berequired to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of thesoftware development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your manystakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace aculture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning.You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-onethat encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in thebest interests of our customers globally
CT teams are aligned with corporatepartners' evolving technology needs and the firm's ever expanding technologycontrols agenda.
A top CT priority is buildingscalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Advancing firms road map programs for supporting Single sourcing of data, architecture convergence and focus on Analytics
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Driving innovation across the firm's corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
o The team leveragesJava Open Source and Big Data technologies to provide data management tools,calculators and reporting engines.
o The team is lookingfor proactive and hands-on technologists who can solve critical businessproblems with innovative technology solutions and have responsibility toimplement multiple core components of this architecture.
o JPMC is launching amulti-year initiative to invest in the industrialization of this process andseeking highly qualified candidates to drive this change.
· Responsibilities of the role include:
o Partner in driving a multi-yearstrategic initiative that delivers technical solutions which creates a datalake that would consume, model and store data. Additionally technicalsolutions will be required for managing the data (data management tools) andprocessing the data (transforms, validations, aggregations) andreporting/accessing the data.
o Follow SDLC best practices suchcontinuous integration, automated unit test and regression testing, etc andfocus on end to end quality of the delivery.
o Work collaboratively in a teamwith fellow developers, sharing ideas to solve complex and challenging businessproblems.
o Be able to communicate effectivelyand work closely together with business clients, other technology teams,support partners and stakeholders to deliver and support business alignedsolutions.
o - Role could entail peoplemanagement responsibilities
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not justworking at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one ofthe world's biggest tech organizations. In 20 technology centers worldwide, ourteam of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything fromenterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well asinnovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and clouddevelopment. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hirepeople to create innovative solutions that will not only transform thefinancial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, andoffer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to buildyour career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges thatimpact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meetyou.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Proficiency in modern programming languages
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- 6 years' experience in building out enterprise level applications
- Must have strong hands-on development experience on the following:
- Java 8
- Strong understanding of internals of Spark and Hadoop e.g. DataFrame, DAG, data partition and distribution, named node limitations and tuning
- Strong understanding of MapReduce concepts
- Familiarity with Impala a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.