As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as asingle point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage,service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifthof the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make thishappen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently andeffectively.
As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization,you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest,technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceedour clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With morethan 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might evensay that we are the original fintech. CMIST
Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology(CMIST)
is responsible forapplication development and support for more than 350 critical business systemsincluding Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub(multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securitiesclearing). Treasury Services Technology (TST)
within CMIST leads the development andmaintenance of state-of-the-art technology solutions for the Treasury Servicesbusiness. TST is aligned with the business into five sub-segments including:Global Payments, Information & Liquidity, Payments and Receivables,Enterprise Financial Messaging (EFM) and Trade Services. Because of TST's industry-leading solutions, BNYMellon is the first bank to participate in Real-Time Payments processing andprovide full transparency into the status of payments.
Specialist Developer->> Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- Data mapping and work flow development experience
- Experience working in software development environments utilizing iterative development methodology such Agile
- Experience writing design and other technical documentation
- Effective planning skills and ability to communicate project issues clearly and promptly
- Strong data analysis skills, preferably with financial/securities data
- An understanding of data relationships which are critical to success of our product
- Must be highly detail oriented and able to adhere to best practices and standards
- Experience implementing technical solutions under time, quality, and performance standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution.
- Strong work ethic in supporting a 24x7x365 environment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or relevant Technology field
- Experience with MQ, NAS, Unix/Linux
- Oracle Database development experience (SQL) involving development, procedures and functions, as well as performance tuning experience
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter, Data Transformation & B2B Data Exchange products
- Experience with Apache Tomcat, App Engine, Angular JS, Java and ESP
- Experience with Atlassian products JIRA and Confluence
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: