Sr. Specialist Developer - Digital Pulse
- Jersey City, NJ, USA Jersey City NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
Sr. Specialist Developer - Digital Pulse
Technology Architecture and Data is the enterprise wide architecture and data services group at BNY Mellon. Our mission is to develop and articulate the holistic target state enterprise architecture and partner with various business lines and shared services to execute on a prioritized roadmap. These efforts ensure the optimal use of existing technology capabilities and the development of new ones to increase business revenue and lower costs while reducing risk, increasing resiliency, and enabling more effective service delivery. The team also formulates and executes on our data strategy to reduce complexity and eliminate redundancies in our data.
Digital Pulse is BNY Mellon's proprietary big data analytics platform. Its mission is partner with the business and technology to deliver actionable insights to improve processes and business performance. The Digital Pulse platform works to ensure integrity and confidence in our information. We help to solve difficult problems and to answer the questions, "How are we doing as a firm?" and "How can we do better as a firm?
Digital Pulse caters to a wide spectrum of use cases by capturing data from several hundred applications and storing it in a variety of data. The platform is designed to enable sophisticated analytics including predictive analytics and machine learning while protecting confidential data. Some of the use cases include:
• Improving client experience
• Straight through processing
• Proactive thread mitigation
• Service level monitoring
• Process optimization
Digital Pulse has an opening for a UI Developer. The role requires excellent coding skills, strong command of big data platforms, an understanding of the overall direction that the industry is going, and the ability to break new ground within this environment. You must be able to translate customer business requirements into platform capabilities.
Key responsibilities include:
• Works as part of the core platform engineering team to develop and maintain the Digital Pulse portal front end.
• Ensures high quality delivery. Interpret and improve results.
• Analyze, define and document architecture and design that addresses requirements specified by the Product Manager.
• Develop according to UX standards that are established by the BNY Mellon UX team.
• Communicate outcomes in a timely and accurate manner to relevant parties.
• Act as an advocate for change management; encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
• 8-10 years of experience in software development required
• Expert skill in Angular JS, React.JS, Node, HTML5, Karma, Protractor and other unit and integration testing frameworks for automated testing of modern web applications required.
• 5 years of coding experience in data services required. Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
• Familiar with Agile (Scrum) development methodology
• Detail oriented, collaborative, and curious
• Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Architecture-HR16450
Requisition Number: 1811580