Sr Specialist, Full Stack Python/Java Engineer
Sr Specialist, Full Stack Python/Java Engineer The Full Stack Python/Java Engineer will possess:
Core Technical Skills
- 6+ Python and 6+ Java Development experience building Enterprise solution
- 5+ Front end development experience using Angular
- Self-motivated, fast learner, willing to go outside of comfort zone and learn new things.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work well independently.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is not required
- Hands on 6+ Python3.x Technologist with recent experience
- Hands on 6+ Java 8 Technologist with recent experience
- Hands on 5+ Front-End recent development experience with Angular
- Extensive experience in Multithreading, Multiprocessing using Python and Java
- Extensive experience in Spring Framework, Kafka Solutions
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle
- Experience with NoSQL DB such as: Elastic Search, Mongo DB
- Expertise in ORM such as SQL Alchemy
- Experience in Flask/Django
- Experience with source control systems and continuous integration build engines such as GIT Lab
- Experience with container technology such as Docker
- Backend development experience using Python, Java, Spring Boot.
- Experience with Test Driven development
- Experience with Design and Implementation using Restful APIs
- Experience with Celery/ Airflow is a plus
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Storm is a plus
- Experience with Presto DB, Denodo is a plus
- Experience with Snowflake is a plus
Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. The job holder leads the technical design, development and documentation of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. S/he analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, and logical processes and interfaces with other systems. S/he also ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved by coordinating, coding, testing, implementation and documentation. Must have thorough and demonstrative knowledge on or both the user-side frontend of a website, as well as the backend, server-side that powers the user-side. Additional requirements include intermediate understanding of security principles, relational databases and architecture design principles. Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code. Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites. Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to satisfy requirements and solutions. Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain). Actively participate in code reviews. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system. Apply security and privacy principles. Active learning engagement. Complete all required mandatory training / policy awareness curricula on time. Use learning tools such as Pluralsight to complete both recommended and aspirational targets set in personal development plans. Demonstrate team work. Leverage existing products/functionality and promote reuse. Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices. Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to. Collaborate cross-functionally with data engineers, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions. Utilize local meetups to gain and share knowledge. Compiles documentation written by more senior developers of all procedures used in system. Acts as mentor to junior level engineers. Communications and organization skills; team work skills Contributes to the achievement of area objectives Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 7-9 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Woodland Park Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: