What is the opportunity?
To assist with the US tax compliance process and other governance matters for RBC and affiliated companies doing business in the US. What will you do?
- Prepare federal, state and local income tax return work-papers including inputting information to tax return software as required. 30% Time Allocation
- Prepare monthly tax provision calculations for RBC and/or certain subsidiaries including preparation of quarterly Head Office reporting. 25% Time Allocation
- Assist management with tax audits and tax notices, including gathering information and assembling responses to auditor inquiries. 10% Time Allocation
- Prepare quarterly estimated tax payments and annual extensions for RBC and/or subsidiaries. Arrange for payments via EFTPS/wire or check as required. 10% Time Allocation
- Assist with special tax projects which may include amending tax returns due to audit settlements and other projects as assigned. 20% Time Allocation
- Professional development through seminars and trade publications to stay current with the tax legislation changes and best tax practices. 5% Time Allocation
What do you need to succeed?
What's in it for you?
- Minimum 2-3 years taxation experience in a Big Four or other public accounting firm or equivalent industry experience. Financial institution background a plus.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience with preparing / reviewing US federal corporate income tax returns (1120) and state and local income tax returns, particularly combined / unitary returns.
- High level of competence in Microsoft Excel, tax software systems and importing/exporting data between tax and GL systems. Knowledge of Thompson Reuters OneSource RS preferred.
- Proficiency with data organization or analytics tools such as Alteryx and Tableau is a plus.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting. CPA and/or advanced degree in tax or accounting is a plus.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. It's easy! Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on the jobs, career paths, and recruitment events that matter to you. Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.