Technical Architect (VP) - WM Service & Ops Technology
In this role you will function as a Technical Architect for WM Service & Operations Technology, reporting in to the Lead Design Authority. Key Responsibilities
- Assisting in deliveries that feed into the overall strategic direction for the area. Guiding and mentoring the development teams to grow their technical skills and promote consistency in the space.
- Aligning with the long term strategic direction for Wealth Management, providing a path to get there via incremental deliveries
- Active participation in an Agile development process, including working closely with the business.
- Identifying and managing the non-functional requirements for the area
- Ensuring the architecture addresses each of the NFRs, as it evolves throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Close engagement with architects and Lead Design Authorities across other areas of Asset & Wealth Management - collaborating to define consistent approaches and solutions
- Understanding and promoting the overall data model for the suite of applications in the area, and for interfacing areas
- Assist in managing technical risk for all technical decisions and any platform dependencies
- Technical responsibility for project delivery
- Providing ongoing technical guidance and direction for the development teams
- Provide regular feedback to senior management and the key stakeholders
- Continuous improvement of our tooling and processes to enable us to deliver more value
- Aligning with the security standards and guidelines to ensure systems are secure and protected against threats
JP Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutions and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; ultra-high net worth clients through the Private Bank; and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management. With assets under supervision of $1.5 trillion and assets under management of $1.1 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. We are looking for a highly talented individual to contribute on the development of large scale applications delivered globally. Qualifications:
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years' experience in software development of Java and BPM applications
- Prior experience working ata large tier global financial institution
- Excellent analytical andcommunication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues in an easyto understand manner
- Creative problem solver andsolution developer
- Must have strong understanding& experience with:
- Java (Core & EE,Spring, JUnit)
- Build tools (Maven, Ant,Jenkins)
- SCM tools (GIT)
- Scripting languages (Bash,Perl, PowerShell, etc.)
- Testing tools (Cucumber,QTP, Selenium, Mockito, DbUnit)
- Agile project management(JIRA)
- SQL and RDBMS systems(Sybase& Oracle)
- Experience with ServiceOriented Architecture, integration patterns and messaging technologies (e.g.JMS, MQ Series, Mule)
- Experience with cachingsolutions such as Gemfire and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra
- Experience with Cloud deployment.
- Experience with buildingand supporting client facing, web based financial platforms at a largefinancial institution.
- Experience with Enterprisearchitecture patterns (TOGAF, Zachman)
- Experience with last JAVAdevelopment toolset
- Understanding of thePrivate Banking and/or the Wealth Management business.
- Understanding of Equities,Fixed Income, Derivatives, Alternatives, and Cash products.