Technical Domain Architect - Service Management
Technology Services Group (TSG) is the technology enabler for our firm. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation
Our Technology Production Services team is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. We run the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment. The Role
We are seeking a Technical Domain Architect
to join our Service Management Office.
You will be responsible for architectural support of the Service Management product/tool suite. You will work closely with the Service Management Technologies Product & Engineering Leads, Infrastructure Architecture Leads and the Service Management Office team members including requestors and end users to provide subject matter expertise in the ongoing enhancement of the products & tools to facilitate and support maturing the Service Management Office operational and commercial processes. Key Responsibilities:
- Provides end to end product architecture to ensure the detailed design and development remains consistent with the overall product strategy and roadmap.
- Identifies issues between the strategic architecture and vendor solution implementation.
- Identifies solutions and formulates implementation and migration strategies.
- Provides expertise in technical knowledge, methodology and framework, data integration and data flows, Enterprise Architecture, and software development and coding.
- Work with IT Service Management Process Owners to understand workflow process and translate designs to prototypes.
- Provide detailed architecture analysis, design and direction on development activities.
- Participate in design, code & test review cycles.
- Provide a GAP Technical Evaluation of requested functionality and baseline (out of the box) functionality.
- Perform solution walkthroughs with Process Owner(s) and testing team/s.
- Evaluate ServiceNow changes (upgrades, patch fixes) and ensure alignment with product strategy and roadmap.
- Identify opportunities to improve the product offerings from a quality, controls & capabilities perspective while also defining best practices.
Provides application design and support services to applications teams. Creates flexible and scalable designs for high performance. Enforces best practices and principles of architecture while complying with the firm's architecture policies and procedures. Is responsible for architecture solutions mainly with a line of business focus. In addition to the individual contributor primary responsibilities shown below, may also have managerial responsibilities such as: participates in the recruiting process; instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of architects; prepares performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback. Designs stable and flexible, high performance solutions aligned with architecture principles. Engages in various design and execution activities with other stakeholders. Identifies organization-wide initiatives and makes recommendations for the use of technology. Works closely with senior management to educate and to articulate resource requirements necessary to promote architecture goals. Works toward architecture solutions, mainly with a line of business focus. Engages in enterprise architecture solutions as part of service delivery support and career development. Involved in governance and other design activities. Works with administrators to maintain and publish architecture policies, standards etc.Contributes to the achievement of team objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree preferred. 8-10 years of experience in technology and architecture roles required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree preferred. 8-10 years of experience in technology and architecture roles required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- SME in ServiceNow in addition to having 3+ years' experience in IT Service Management systems & tools.
- Proven success working in Enterprise level ITSM projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of software architecture principles as they apply to solution and application architectures, specifically for portals, web sites and systems integration projects.
- Thorough understanding of ITIL best practices and common IT Service Management processes.
- ServiceNow ITSM Implementation Certification.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- Ability to convey complex technical information both to engineers and senior managers.
- Bachelor's degree required
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Building effective relationship with IT vendors and negotiation skills.
- ITIL foundation certification.
- Vendor management skills.
- Experience of technical process analysis.
- Understanding of IT environments in financial institutions.
- Previous IT Service Management experience in large (Financial Services) enterprise IT environment.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: