Vice President - Billing Operations
Company, Team & Role:
BNY Mellon's Pershing has supported many of the world's most sophisticated and successful financial services firms for more than 80 years. Wealth and institutional firms rely on us for clearing and custody, trading and settlement services, a broad suite of investment solutions, middle and back office support, data insights, and business consulting. BNY Mellon's Pershing offers both Wealth Solutions for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors (RIA) and trust company clients, and Institutional Solutions for prime brokers and institutional broker-dealers.
Client & Product Billing Operations is looking for an individual to join our team to support our firm and our clients in maintaining the financial relationships relevant between clearing firms, introducing firms and end investors. Specifically, our team is responsible for implementing contractual agreements between our firm and our clients while providing support for our clients to implement their fee schedules to end investors across a broad array of financial products and services. Responsibilities:
- Understanding the products and services Pershing offers to our clients
- Understanding how Pershing facilitates assessment and collection of fees for such products and services and assisting in the application of our billing technology to support the contractual parameters designated in our contracts with introducing firms
- Understanding how our clients assess and collect fees from the investors they introduce to Pershing and assisting in the application of our billing technology to support the financial relationship between our clients and the investors they serve
- Identifying opportunities to increase efficiency while mitigating operational risks associated with the tasks above
In this role, you will gain knowledge on how firms structure billing programs in order to attract, retain and grow their businesses from a financial perspective. You will establish a network of peers within the BNY Mellon community as well as establish direct relationships with our clients. The successful candidate will demonstrate/possess:
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Series 7 and 99 licenses preferred.
- 7+ years of total work experience in brokerage operations preferred.
- Experience in an operational area and/or client services preferred.
- Direct experience in supporting advisory/managed business preferred.
- An ability to identify and mitigate operational risks by understanding process flows, control frameworks and execution preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.