Vice President - Project Manager
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,600 employees, of which almost 155,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending.
BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
www.cib.bnpparibas.com Business Overview:
The Finance Americas COO department establishes appropriate solutions, systems and processes for the Finance (accounting) and Tax organization to meet their business objectives. The team acts as the bridge for the Finance and Tax organization to connect between various departments within the BNP Paribas group, mainly the Business, PMO and Technology organizations in New York, New Jersey, California, Montreal, Mumbai, London and Paris.
The team works simultaneously on a wide range of projects arising from business and regulatory changes and strategic initiatives. The team is also responsible for the reengineering efforts of existing applications to improve functionality and efficiency. The team also provides first line user support through training, research and responding to general queries. Administrative services to facilitate the day - to - day running of the department. Responsibilities:
The Program Manager has broad-based responsibilities for the functional design, specification and deployment of Finance Systems and Process changes initiatives at both a Legal Entity and IHC level. This includes:
- Elicit, analyse, and document business user requirements and processes.
- Undertake data assessment, data gap analysis and remediation.
- Develop functional specification requirements for IT development and ensure user requirements are met, as well as, develop testing methodology identifying risks and control deficiencies. Coordinate testing to ensure development is in line with functional specification.
- Support ongoing enhancement efforts of the overall control environment, including upstream processes and controls.
Qualifications Minimum Required Qualifications
- Remediate issues and escalate effectively.
- Ensure on-time quality delivery of assigned projects and activities.
- Coordinate with other groups within the organization (business groups, IT and PMO organizations) in New York, New Jersey, California, Montreal, Mumbai, London and Paris.
- 7-10 years of work experience in the field of information management, accounting and/or audit and in implementation in the financial services industry.
· Experience must include business analysis, data sourcing, functional specification, and application testing.
- Accounting and basic general ledger structure knowledge required.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including business process and data analytics.
· Experience in emerging solutions and analytic tools (e.g. robotics automation, Tableau, Alteryx etc.) and project management tools (e.g. SharePoint, MS Office etc.) strongly preferred.
- Ability to take lead and ownership and drive the agenda.
· Ability to understand financial products and system architectures, including accounting business processes including financial and management reporting (e.g. IFRS and US GAAP), month-end closing process, regulatory reporting, entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting.
· Strong self-direction and initiative; willingness to take complete ownership over projects and tasks.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to multi-task and explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical or accounting levels.
· Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams.
· Strong Microsoft software Office skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project). Preferred Qualifications:
· Fluency in one of more of these languages preferred: French, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
· Regulatory Reporting knowledge preferred.
· Knowledge of SQL, MS VBA preferred.
· University Degree in Finance or Accounting related subject preferred. FINRA Registrations Required: