IT Data Specialist (US)/Business Systems Analyst
- Mount Laurel, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Bank Group
- 17 Jan 19
IT Data Specialist (US)/Business Systems Analyst
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open
About This Role
We need someone to provide technical leadership covering a range of data analysis functions. These include data modeling, structured query language (SQL), data quality, data profiling, extract-transform-load (ETL), metadata enrichment and management, data provenance and lineage, report design and other specialized data management functions. You're a solid, independent, senior lead equipped to manage and direct activities related to analysis, design and support of technical data management solutions for larger projects.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Elicit, analyze, interpret business and data requirements to develop complete business solutions, includes data models (entity relationship diagrams, dimensional data models), ETL and business rules, data management, governance, lineage, metadata and reporting elements.
- Apply automation and innovation on new and on-going data platforms for those development projects aligned to business or organizational strategies.
- Design, implement reporting platforms (e.g. modeling, ETL, BI framework) and complex ETL frameworks that meet business requirements. Work with technology/project teams to understand the business meaning of data, provide analysis and requirements so that data design is fully understood and the development initiatives are in line with intended design and standards.
- Deliver business or enterprise data deliverables (that adhere to enterprise frameworks) for various platforms/servers/applications/systems.
- Provide data analysis and requirements within enterprise platform (e.g. Hadoop).
- Implement processes aligned to data management standards, ensure data quality and requirements are embedded in/adhered to within system development deliverables.
- Develop, maintain knowledge of data available from upstream sources and data within various platforms.
- Perform data profiling using TD tooling and ad hoc system query languages to validate data analysis.
- Help development and testing teams resolve data issues.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Subject matter expertise on business processes and procedures, as well as broader organizational issues and technology.
- Advanced knowledge of business, standards, infrastructure, architecture and technology in related areas from a design/ support/ solutions perspective.
- Consult as an expert in multiple areas and consult with clients and project teams with respect to research, analysis, design, hardware/software support, solutions development, serve as a key resource for technical information exchange within project teams, with the business and outside vendors.
- Capacity and eagerness to work independently as a senior/lead role on diverse tasks, and also coach/educate/guide/direct others.
- Ability to direct activities related to analysis, design and support of technical data management solutions on larger projects that are highly complex and multi-faceted.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
Preferred Qualifications - Here are the preferred qualifications for this role:
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.