Client Advisory Business Systems Analyst
- Newark, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Resource Collaborative
- 02 Nov 17 2017-11-02
Our client is a top global fixed income asset manager with over $681 billion in assets under management. Headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) they have with affiliates in London, Tokyo, and Singapore.They maintain a collegial and supportive work environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions while placing equal importance on results of the larger team. Associates share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. They place a high priority on maintaining a work environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees.
Are you looking to grow your career within information technology and deepen your understanding of financial services products under the Asset Management umbrella? Are you looking to diversify your skill-set by expanding your quantitative skills with a growing organization? Our client's Fixed Income systems team is seeking a Client Advisory Business Systems Analyst to streamline processes and data for our client reporting and marketing organizations.
This Systems team is a dynamic group that collaborates with all areas of the organization; in turn creating a myriad of learning opportunities and a collaborative culture. Operations span all of products and markets while they serve as an internal business partner to aid in processes and controls; as well as help improve the systems that deliver accuracy, efficiency, and the overall integrity to the business.
Based in Newark, this business analyst position will be primarily responsible for supporting the Client Advisory Group which will include streamlining processes and data for the client reporting and marketing organizations. This role works collaboratively with the business, IT and external vendors to deliver integrated business and information solutions meeting stakeholder needs. In addition to supporting the client reporting and marketing applications and processes, this position will be required to play a key support role for other technology projects/initiatives.
- Partner with the business users, internal systems team and external vendors in documenting requirements.
- Initiate and project manage business process reviews and workflow changes, working with end users, vendors and technology when applicable.
- Data analysis to help support business requirement gathering and data quality.
- Provide daily support to end users including managing issue resolution and performing root cause analysis. Proactively identify areas for improvement and introduce innovative recommendations, factoring in customer needs, external approaches, data analytics, as well as industry best practices.
- Keep abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that impact the business to continue to improve efficiencies.
- Manage project task responsibilities, including identification of project risks and conducting user training, and generating training requirements documentation.
- 8+ years experience as a Project Management/Business System Analyst in a professional services organization.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Computer Science.
- Experience supporting client reporting and marketing organizations (preferred).
- Knowledge of the asset management industry is a requirement and fixed income in particular.
- Strong data analytical skills and ability to make independent decisions and develop creative solutions to support business strategies.
- Candidate must be able to collaborate effectively with others.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to write SQL queries and understand relational database models.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and BI tools.
- Experience with applications supporting Sales & Marketing. The following applications are preferred – Aladdin, Vermilion, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Our client is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. They are focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. They recognize that their strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of their diverse associates. This is a great place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals.