Collateral Manager, Commodities Transaction Mgt Unit, RISK
- Newark, NJ, USA Newark NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Main responsibilities are the daily administration and independent control of required collateral that arises out of transactional / borrowing base financing for commodity customers which involves handling the flow of negotiable instruments, title documents or securities and coordinates with Customers, Relationship Managers, Credit Officers and other Operating Units to ensure sufficient collateral coverage before usage of facilities
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Collateral Manager, Commodities Transaction Management Unit.
Responsible for the monitoring and reconciliation of the daily position of the required collateral, including daily updates of mark to market valuations of commodity prices. Maintaining and tracking of the value of the underlying goods financed and making margin calls to customers as required.
All requests for transactional utilization such as Loans, LC's, SBLC's, guarantees as well as all payments from current accounts must be approved and checked against credit approvals and deviations / excesses / shortfalls highlighted as applicable for further approval.
On an ongoing basis, this person also ensures the physical safekeeping of all title documents and security and administers the safe custody of these documents.
* Within the scope of this position, this person is also responsible for the handling of regular activities of secured financing under Borrowing Base requirements. Each borrowing base must be detailed and monitored to ensure specific requirements are met by the Customer pursuant to the Credit Agreement.
Credit Monitoring: responsible for monitoring of the credit portfolio.
* Manage a significant portfolio of facilities protecting the Bank's exposure to risk through the constant monitoring of credit facilities and valuation of collateral.
* Jointly responsible for a good relationship with the Bank's customers and intermediaries / counterparties, maintaining and building client relationships and ensuring good utilization of the facility.
* Approval and ongoing monitoring of transactions to ensure they remain within agreed credit parameters as approved / recommended by RCO/SCO.
* Showing credit risks in a timely manner by reacting to facility excesses and collateral shortfalls.
* Ensuring that proper notification to (risk) management of deviations and deterioration in the Bank's credit risk position takes place.
* Regular liaison with various departments / trading contacts of our clients and intermediaries / counter-parties such as warehouses / surveyors / forwarders / insurance companies, etc.
* Providing timely and proper release instructions to warehouses / forwarders and information updates to relevant counter parties such as insurance companies, etc.
* Obtain and check details of various insurance policies covering a client's business. Monitor expiration dates for all policies and endorsements. Check to ensure that SCB is names as Loss Payee on all transactional business.
* Perform Sanctions / Vessel Checks according to the Vessel Check Policy and R&R between CTMU and Trade.
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...