Informatica - Tech Lead
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.). Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 1000, and the Fortune 500 and we are among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
*Please note, this role is not able to offer visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future* Location: Newark NJ – Work will be Remote to start and flexible post COVID Practice - AIA - Artificial Intelligence and Analytics
About AI & Analytics: Artificial intelligence (AI) and the data it collects and analyzes will soon sit at the core of all intelligent, human-centric businesses. By decoding customer needs, preferences, and behaviors, our clients can understand exactly what services, products, and experiences their consumers need. Within AI & Analytics, we work to design the future—a future in which trial-and-error business decisions have been replaced by informed choices and data-supported strategies.
By applying AI and data science, we help leading companies to prototype, refine, validate, and scale their AI and analytics products and delivery models. Cognizant's AIA practice takes insights that are buried in data, and provides businesses a clear way to transform how they source, interpret and consume their information. Our clients need flexible data structures and a streamlined data architecture that quickly turns data resources into informative, meaningful intelligence. Responsibilities:
- Leading team of designers and developers \t
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback to developers. \t
- Write details technical specification where needed. \t
- Provide end to end ETL Design solutions and support Architecture in defining strategies. \t
- Understand the overall purpose of the projects and contribute to requirements & data analysis, and provide solutions from an ETL perspective \t
- Delivery of high-level design documents with ETL & DWH strategy, standards and adhering to ETL & BIW principles & policies. \t
- Function as both an expert and lead technical resource on ETL projects throughout the project lifecycle. \t
- Recommend improvements to ETL processes to improve on data delivery, data quality and overall processing efficiency. \t
- Organize and lead code releases using native Informatica PowerCenter capabilities. \t
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed ETL application designs. \t
- Maintain system and programming guidelines by adhering to the software development lifecycle; develop and maintain artifacts related to standards and architecture. \t
- Provide approval and oversight to requirement documents as entry criteria to design and development.\t
- Hands-on support to build and development team for issue resolution and completion. \t
- Work on one or multiple projects of varying complexity, undertaking the following activities, maintaining overall accountability for the work of the team in terms of quality and timeliness of delivery. \t
- Accountable for any design and build related queries/issues. \t
- Collaborate with business partners and vendors for solution delivery.
- Strong skills on ETL design patterns and data architecture, UNIX and Db2. \t
- Strong understanding of ETL, Application Data Integration, DWH and Report designs with functional and non-functional assessment for global implementations. \t
- Should be well versed with following Informatica PowerCenter Client's tool set:\t \t
- Informatica PowerCenter Designer - Mapping Development \t\t
- Informatica PowerCenter Workflow Manager – Workflow Development \t\t
- Informatica PowerCenter Workflow Monitor – Job Monitoring \t\t
- Informatica PowerCenter Repository Manager – Building Code Deployment Queries \t\t
- Good exposure of Informatica Command line utilities such as pmcmd, pmrep, etc. \t
- Able to design end to end ETL solution for complex case studies. \t
- Working knowledge of at least one or two Job scheduler tools. \t
- Using above components to create and maintain an enterprise data solution and rules execution. \t
- Must have hands-on experience with SQL, Shell Scripting, bash, Korn shell scripting, SQL performance tuning, relational model analysis and data migration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or relevant field. \t
- 10+ years of success in consultative/complex deployment project, architecture, design, implementation and/or support of data and analytics solutions. \t
- Ability to communicate complex technology solutions to diverse teams namely, technical, business and management teams \t
- Must be self-directed, highly organized and adaptable with the ability to effectively multitask. \t
- Able to lead a team and drive the project for quality deliverables. \t
- Should have good communication skills and client handling skills. \t
- Strong knowledge in BI and Data Warehousing.
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.