Intelligence Officer , Americas
- Newark, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
The Intelligence Officer, FCIU is responsible for providing research and administrative support directly to the Head, FCIU, Americas and the department in region. This role will conduct analysis and research in the development of high quality intelligence products of a sensitive nature for key stakeholders. This role will also support data gathering and organizational requirements with portions of finished products and Requests for Information (RFI).
Be aware of and execute Regional Head Strategy in day to day operations.
* Continually monitor the external environment through various internal/external sources and the media to identify financial crime risks which may potentially impact the bank in future, map and assess those risks, quantify the potential impact and escalate where necessary.
* Conduct baseline research in support of country, client, and industry studies to include researching beneficial ownership, adverse media, social network analysis, etc.
* Conduct detailed and voluminous transactional reviews using excel to detect and report on potentially suspicious activity.
* Utilize various SCB business & client databases in support of Correspondent Banking Business Intelligence requirements.
* Review Correspondent Banking payment messages for data quality issues and communicate findings to SCB senior leadership and key stakeholders.
* Compile and log requests for information (RFI) from various stakeholders & consumers of INTEL products to include request date, initial acknowledgement date, and response date. Generate basic metrics for response times, RFI characteristics, etc.
* Support the FCIU's administrative processes and help monitor and update task/project trackers.
* Support the media mentoring alert systems by processing adverse news articles, tracking responses, and conducting additional research as required.
* Provide comprehensive and timely administrative support to the FCIU team, including filing of pertinent materials, generating photocopies, compiling presentations, etc.
* Work closely and collaboratively with FCC and the business in the identification and remediation of risk concentrations identified during intelligence reviews.
* Independently draw conclusions and assessments based on the findings of research and reviews
Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility.
Education, Experience and Accreditation
* Around 3 years working experience in Financial Services, Banking, Law Enforcement or Regulatory environment
* ACAMS certification or equivalent preferred (required within one year of hiring).
* Bachelor degree in finance, accounting, intelligence or criminal justice from an accredited institution, or equivalent.